Form Text Limitation Using Web Companion

Form Text Limitation Using Web Companion

Post by Robin » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

In submitting an Add or Edit form using Web Companion, I am getting an
error message when the combination of field names and input data exceeds
660 characters.  The error message depends on the browser and type of
computer that I'm using.  The error message for Netscape on a Windows NT
computer is Document Contained No Data - Try Again later, or contact the
server's administrator.  With Internet Explorer on the NT the message is
that the Page cannot be Displayed.  On the Mac with Netscape the message
is:
A Network Error occurred while Netscape was receiving data: (Network
Error: Socket is not connected - Try connecting again).

This error occurs using Filemaker 4.0, 4.1, and 5.0 Unlimited.

Has anyone run into this kind of text limitation in submitting form data
with Web Companion and Filemaker?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Tim Boot » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

> In submitting an Add or Edit form using Web Companion, I am getting an
> error message when the combination of field names and input data exceeds
> 660 characters.  The error message depends on the browser and type of
> computer that I'm using.  The error message for Netscape on a Windows NT
> computer is Document Contained No Data - Try Again later, or contact the
> server's administrator.  With Internet Explorer on the NT the message is
> that the Page cannot be Displayed.  On the Mac with Netscape the message
> is:
> A Network Error occurred while Netscape was receiving data: (Network
> Error: Socket is not connected - Try connecting again).

> This error occurs using Filemaker 4.0, 4.1, and 5.0 Unlimited.

> Has anyone run into this kind of text limitation in submitting form data
> with Web Companion and Filemaker?

Not at all, and I have users who regularly submit much larger
amounts of data than you describe...

Is there a URL we can look at to see the problem in action?

Are you using custom or Instant Publishing?

Cheers

Webko

1. FMP Unlimited forms using web companion

I am in the process of migrating our FMP database for use on our intranet.
We are currently using the web companion to share the database with our
users.
Many of our forms are table view forms and display several contacts when
displayed.  Unfortunatly, these same forms will only show one contact when
viewed from a web browser.  Does anyone know how to fix this, or an
alternate solution?

Thanks,

Moses Gonzales

2. Oracle ConText Filters

3. network problems web sharing using Windows NT and Filemaker 4.1v3 web companion 4.0v3

4. **2 Informix DBA's Required **

5. CDML - Sending email text file with diacritical mark with web companion

6. Help on installing oracle 8i on sun sparc ultra-1

7. Formatting text field in Web Companion

8. filemaker help

9. Text formatting for the Web Companion

10. 6.0v4 Unlimited and 10.2.3 crashing using Web Companion

11. (web companion) using -find to search for a range in a date format

12. Database of PDF files using Web Companion

13. Access Privileges being lost when using Web Companion in FMP 5.5