promt when criteria is met

Post by Toni Majstorovi » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:56:36

fmp5 win 98

3 relational databases - projects, time, expenses........

When a new project is opened there will be a budget set - say $10,000

The time and expenses will accumulate as they are entered

What I need is to be prompted to invoice the client at  intervals say 25% of
budget, 50% of budget, 75% of budget, 100% budget.

How do I get this all talking?  I guess I need

1. a scipt to check the totals every day when I open the databases
2. have a message show up when the Percentages of the budget are true

Hope this makes sense

Toni )))

promt when criteria is met

Post by John Weinshe » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 04:24:37

Toni,

I don't think a script is what you want, because a script needs an event to
trigger it (although you could use the file opening as an event). It seems
easier to me to use a calculation field that returns text, something like:
Case
(
Budget/4 and Invoiced Field=0, "Send 25% Invoice",
Budget/2and Invoiced Field=4, "Send 50% Invoice",
Budget*3/4 and Invoiced Field=2, "Send 75% Invoice",
etc.
)

where "Invoiced Field" would be a number field you would set to the last
portion reached. You could get fancy and make that field a calc as well, but
you get the idea. How the first argument ("Budget/x") is built depends on
the way you are setting up the Time and Expense fields.

--
John Weinshel
datagrace

Quote:> fmp5 win 98

> 3 relational databases - projects, time, expenses........

> When a new project is opened there will be a budget set - say $10,000

> The time and expenses will accumulate as they are entered

> What I need is to be prompted to invoice the client at  intervals say 25%
of
> budget, 50% of budget, 75% of budget, 100% budget.

> How do I get this all talking?  I guess I need

> 1. a scipt to check the totals every day when I open the databases
> 2. have a message show up when the Percentages of the budget are true

> Hope this makes sense

> Toni )))

1. Select 5% of Random Clients Who Meet Criteria

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to have an sproc (or view maybe)
return a random 5% of clients who meet certain criteria for a given period
of time.  Seems as though this should be a trivial thing to do, but I
haven't come up with any bright ideas.  Basically, I need to allow a user to
select a pair of dates, and then have the sproc return 5% of the clients who
meet the criteria and who were also discharged during the time period
indicated.  The discharge dates are easy, and so is the criteria part, but I
can't think of a good way to get only a random 5% of them.  Any ideas
appreciated.

Bob

2. Lostfocus valid.and CancelButton ?

3. Trying to delete rows that do not meet criteria

4. CA-SAN FRANCISCO-222033--UNIX-Windows NT-ORACLE-IIS-SQL-Netscape-IS Web Support Manager

5. How to make an Access table with a list of files meeting some criteria

6. Beginning security

7. Can I filter popup list to show only records that meet certain criteria

8. SQL Server promt function ?

9. HOW TO: promt users to Commit Transactions!

10. Login to osql at command promt

11. DTS package to Promt user for file name

12. run bcp in command promt and query analyzer **