Writing report to PDF file

Post by paul.we.. » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:27:36

Recently I developed an audience database for a ch*chamber group.
For the purposes of telemarketing pre-season subscription sales, I've
prepared a report linking each audience member to a performer in the
group. I'd like to distribute a report listing each performer's
contacts as a PDF or Word file attachment to an e-mail directly to
each ch*member.

Could the wiser subscribers to the group tell me how to output the
report as a PDF or Word file please.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. BTW, I'm using Filemaker Pro
6.0 on Windows XP Pro.

Writing report to PDF file

Post by Tim Boot » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:04:17

> Recently I developed an audience database for a ch*chamber group.
> For the purposes of telemarketing pre-season subscription sales, I've
> prepared a report linking each audience member to a performer in the
> group. I'd like to distribute a report listing each performer's
> contacts as a PDF or Word file attachment to an e-mail directly to
> each ch*member.

> Could the wiser subscribers to the group tell me how to output the
> report as a PDF or Word file please.

.pdf is fairly easy - go and buy the full version of Adobe Acrobat,
then install it. It becomes a printer on the system, so you can print
whatever layouts / reports you like straight to .pdf for
distribution.

Quote:

> Thanks in advance for your assistance. BTW, I'm using Filemaker Pro
> 6.0 on Windows XP Pro.

Cheers

Webko

Writing report to PDF file

Post by Lou Lesk » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:13:11

>> Recently I developed an audience database for a ch*chamber group.
>> For the purposes of telemarketing pre-season subscription sales, I've
>> prepared a report linking each audience member to a performer in the

-snipped-

You could also do a google search for prinTOpdf - although I think it
was mac only, but I sure someone has written something like that for
windows.

If you really wanted to put some effort into it you could create a
script to write the info to a global field and then use the mailto:
command to put the info in the body of an email.

This idea comes with a caveat, a global field only holds 64,000
characters so you would have to know that your data would never exceed
this.

loulou

Writing report to PDF file

Post by Bol » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:44:13

Much simpler solution and less expensive, download and install
PDFCreator - it's OpenSource (uses Ghostscript)! This really is a
great utility.  I own and use Adobe Acrobat, but I have found some of
the built in options of PDFCeator blow away Acrobat.  If you have
questions please email me directly.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Patrick

> > Recently I developed an audience database for a ch*chamber group.
> > For the purposes of telemarketing pre-season subscription sales, I've
> > prepared a report linking each audience member to a performer in the
> > group. I'd like to distribute a report listing each performer's
> > contacts as a PDF or Word file attachment to an e-mail directly to
> > each ch*member.

> > Could the wiser subscribers to the group tell me how to output the
> > report as a PDF or Word file please.

> .pdf is fairly easy - go and buy the full version of Adobe Acrobat,
> then install it. It becomes a printer on the system, so you can print
> whatever layouts / reports you like straight to .pdf for
> distribution.

> > Thanks in advance for your assistance. BTW, I'm using Filemaker Pro
> > 6.0 on Windows XP Pro.

> Cheers

> Webko

Writing report to PDF file

Post by paul.we.. » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:14:56

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:13:11 +0000 (UTC), Lou Lesko

>>> Recently I developed an audience database for a ch*chamber group.
>>> For the purposes of telemarketing pre-season subscription sales, I've
>>> prepared a report linking each audience member to a performer in the

>-snipped-

>You could also do a google search for prinTOpdf - although I think it
>was mac only, but I sure someone has written something like that for
>windows.

Thanks for the lead. I found a freeware utility called pdf995 which
works like a charm. Found it by doing a combined google search using
your hint, that is, search on (prinTOpdf + Windows).

Great group. Thanks for the rapid resolution to my difficulties.

1. Reports 3.0 and PDF file generetor

Hi folk

When I try to generate a pdf file from reports 3.0 I realize
that the field filled in a "before_parameter_form" trigger don't be
filled
whit the correct value, but they filled whit null (I suppose) so I can't

obtain a correct pdf file.

How can I solve my problem?

To generate the pdf files I do these step

1 - run report from forms
2 - choose file\generete\pdf from report men and run the report again .

Ciao Corrado.

2. Problem w/ MS Access and DB2 Connect

3. PDX9 Report -> PDF file

4. 3 subjects for the same story !!!

5. ProgressTalk.com Discussion Forums Community Bulletin 7-Oct-2001

6. Access, Pdf file problem in report

7. Newbie: Where is the stored procedure run

8. Export reports to html/pdf file?

9. export crystal report to pdf file

10. Spool a pick d3 report to a PDF file

11. PDF report generator "vienas reports"

12. Generate a Report and write to Excel file