Portals...about to give up.

Post by Alex Solan » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I'm back with another little problem.  I finally decided to try
creating a portal versus using multiple line entries for invoicing.  I
previously was using an invoice layout with 24 lines but came upon a problem
if an order was above 24 lines.  Playing with the example that came with
FMPro I figured out how to print multiple pages with the continue in the
total box and in the line # box AND the grand total on the last page.  Sorry
for the tangent, but I decided to use the example as a learning guide to
take my current invoice layout and MAKE it a portal...it's not working.  I
have pretty much duplicated the fields from the example (product
inventory.fp3, product sales.fp3, and product line items.fp3) into my fully
functional db.  Only problem is when I get to the portal part I click and it
won't allow me to do anything.  I blinks like I click on it but it doesn't
open the drop down box (product relation).  BUT it works fine in the
example.  Can someone point me in the right direction.  BTW the allow
deletion option is on in the portal, and allow entry into field in on, on
all the fields that need input.  Please advise.  Thanx ahead for any
answer..

Portals...about to give up.

Post by Roy » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello, I'm back with another little problem.  I finally decided to try
>creating a portal versus using multiple line entries for invoicing.  I
>previously was using an invoice layout with 24 lines but came upon a
problem
>if an order was above 24 lines.  Playing with the example that came with
>FMPro I figured out how to print multiple pages with the continue in the
>total box and in the line # box AND the grand total on the last page.
Sorry
>for the tangent, but I decided to use the example as a learning guide to
>take my current invoice layout and MAKE it a portal...it's not working.  I
>have pretty much duplicated the fields from the example (product
>inventory.fp3, product sales.fp3, and product line items.fp3) into my fully
>functional db.  Only problem is when I get to the portal part I click and
it
>won't allow me to do anything.  I blinks like I click on it but it doesn't
>open the drop down box (product relation).  BUT it works fine in the
>example.  Can someone point me in the right direction.  BTW the allow
>deletion option is on in the portal, and allow entry into field in on, on
>all the fields that need input.  Please advise.  Thanx ahead for any
>answer..

You did not mention if the "Allow creation of portal records " option is on.
Roy

1. Portal slide-ups?

Hiya

Anyone got any thoughts on how to "slide up" portal rows in a report layout (or something to that effect)?  There are
some records that will have up to 6 related records, but most will have just one or two.  It's a drag to have to use up
so much space for the rare 6-er.  Pulling the report from the related file won't really work because there's already
multiple related data pulled into the report.

I really do appreciate any help/suggestions.  -Joel

2. Is there an Oracle*Applications Newsgroup?

3. Oracle Portal vs Novell Portal

4. Record retrieval

5. To Portal or not to Portal

6. Advantages to migrating repository?

7. Add item in line item portal from another portal

8. Accessing btrieve databases from Java/JDBC

9. FILTER PORTAL RECORDS - DISABLE ADDING NEW RECORDS IN A PORTAL

10. Copy Portal to Portal

11. Displaying a portal based on a portal

12. Portal for line of data in a portal?

13. Simulate a Portal within a Portal...