Filemaker record to word document and word document list

Filemaker record to word document and word document list

Post by RS-DAT » Mon, 09 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello you filemakerlovers
I have a problem
I want to export 1 record to a word letter
If I select a customer record that I want to send a letter all the data of
the client like his name and address must be copied in the letterhead.
Have you done this or is there a programme for...
and my second problem
I wont to see witch letters I send to that customer.
A list off all the letters must be appearing
thanks if you have done this before...

1. Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

My problem is :

I have an Access 2000 DB.
A table contains a field of type "OLE Data".
This field contains Microsoft Word's embedded documents.
What I want is to generate word documents for each of the record
programatically in VB. But not succeeded yet.
I also need to do it from SQL Server DB, as I have upsized my Access DB to
SQL Server and it is exported in an Image type of field. How can I generate
document files from this Access or SQL Server DB.

I tried to achieve it in 2 ways; first I tried:
Created a form, inserted a data control and an OLE control, bound it with
the required field.
When I run the VB program, it successfully opens the docudments from DB in
the control.
Then I tried to save the control data using "OLE1.SaveToFile" method to
generate a document.
It generated a document but unfortunately this document is not in the
correct MS Word format so not opening in Word.

and secondly I used Getchunk method but the result was same.

I hope you can understand my problem. I need a quick response. Thanks in
advance for help.

Zaki

2. How to install SQL 2000 on Windows .NET Web Server

3. Word objects from Acces via VB6 to WORD document

4. : Access/SQL 7.0 Row Locking Doesn't Work

5. Save Word documents in Filemaker

6. about POS library

7. Open a Word document from FileMaker Pro

8. Sybase DBA's desired

9. Copying Word Documents To Filemaker

10. Problems with Word Documents inserted into Filemaker?

11. OLE Automation of Word Document from MSDE Table

12. Writing a VB Generated Word document to a SQL Server Blob

13. Word document in sql server (Urgent)