problem with invoices

Post by kaza » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have already posted this problem tried several suggestions but no luck so
far. In short I have 3 db'ses in fm4
1. clients
2. appointments
3. monthly invoice
clients to appointments is related
monthly invoice is related to appointments

The user uses clients (Portal to Appoinments with 2 fields: "date
appointment" and "hours" with allow creation of records to "on") to insert
appointments in appointments.
What I'm trying to accomplish is that based on a formula I called "ici"  in
Appoinments like:
---->Case(
           Month(Today)-Month(date appointment)-1=0;1
         ;Month(Today)-Month(date appointment)-1=-10;1 ;1 ;0)
If I do a find in Appoinments it will show all clients that showed up in a
month. Because of the search for ici=1.
But making a portal to "monthly invoice" show 3 records of  mr Jones that
came in on 3 dates last month, what I want is one name and 3 dates in
"Monthly Invoice" and I can't find a way....

I tried another suggestion that is based on a relationship called
Patient_Appoinments based on Client_id&"" &Month_no&Year_no. and it gave the
results:  for patient no 1 and date app 12-10-2000 the formula gave 1 10
2000.
But no way I can create an invoice that is based on last Month appointments
based on one client

anybody have suggestions

Thanks Fred

1. problem with invoices.....

I used to work with fm ver 2, now I have fm ver 4 because of the relational
possibilities.
I have built a database for a friend, she wants to send invoices once a
month related to appoinmentments during that month. In filemaker 2 I used
repeating fields to register the appoinments and so with the help of a
boolean expression I named i_c-i = if(Month(Today)-Month(date
apointmend)-1=0;1;0)
I could find the invoices for the last month, just by Find ici=1.

With fm ver 4 I found I could split up the database in 5 databases that are
named:
Clients, Insurance Compagnies, Docters, Appointments, Invoices wich are
related. But my problem is that with for example 10 apointments in one month
I can't find out how create an invoice for every client.
The appointment database produces a record for every appointment but in
invoice I want to combine all appointments from one client in one
invoice......
I used a portal but I can't get it to show only records from one month.....

Thx for help
fred

2. SQL Backup

3. Problem Finding Invoice Number in One to Many form ??

4. Help needed

5. Invoice and Invoice lines

6. JOLAP

7. Auto Create Invoice No Problem

8. VFPODBC.dll v6 problem with outer joins.

9. HELP! My Problems on a VB Invoice System

10. HELP! Oracle Financals Invoice Print Problem

11. HELP....problem with scroll bar showing in invoice printing

12. Invoice product problems in FMPRO 3.0