Mac File Format to PC File Format

Post by Steve Hamilto » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Please Help....

I cannot find an answer to my problem.

I currently use FileMaker PRO 4.0 on a Mac PowerPC.  My GM wants to change
to NT Workstation.

My question is:

Will FileMaker PRO 4.1 for NT be able to read/convert the Mac FileMaker
files already in existance?

I need an answer fast, Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Mac File Format to PC File Format

Post by Gregory Blask » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Steve,

Add an .FP3 extension to your filenames and you're all set!  Ahhh, the beauty
of FileMaker Pro!

-Greg

> Please Help....

> I cannot find an answer to my problem.

> I currently use FileMaker PRO 4.0 on a Mac PowerPC.  My GM wants to change
> to NT Workstation.

> My question is:

> Will FileMaker PRO 4.1 for NT be able to read/convert the Mac FileMaker
> files already in existance?

> I need an answer fast, Please help.

> Thank you in advance.

Mac File Format to PC File Format

Post by Glenn Schwand » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Sort of...

Watch out for differences in fonts from Mac to PC.

: Steve,
:
: Add an .FP3 extension to your filenames and you're all set!  Ahhh, the
beauty
: of FileMaker Pro!
:
: -Greg
:
:
: > Please Help....
: >
: > I cannot find an answer to my problem.
: >
: > I currently use FileMaker PRO 4.0 on a Mac PowerPC.  My GM wants to
change
: > to NT Workstation.
: >
: > My question is:
: >
: > Will FileMaker PRO 4.1 for NT be able to read/convert the Mac FileMaker
: > files already in existance?
: >
: > I need an answer fast, Please help.
: >
: > Thank you in advance.
:
:

Mac File Format to PC File Format

Post by Tanya Noe » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Fast answer:  Yes!

But make sure that all your Filemaker databases are named according to
PC conventions - ie with the .fp3 suffix!

HTH!

Tanya

> Please Help....

> I cannot find an answer to my problem.

> I currently use FileMaker PRO 4.0 on a Mac PowerPC.  My GM wants to change
> to NT Workstation.

> My question is:

> Will FileMaker PRO 4.1 for NT be able to read/convert the Mac FileMaker
> files already in existance?

> I need an answer fast, Please help.

> Thank you in advance.

Mac File Format to PC File Format

Yes Glenn, you are right.  Arial usually works well on both platforms.

Post by Brain De » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I currently use FileMaker PRO 4.0 on a Mac PowerPC.  My GM wants to change
> to NT Workstation.

Can I have the PPC when you are done ;-)

--
-bd

"It's not my god damn planet monkey boy!" - J. Warfan
-----
Reply to the newsgroup, don't bother emailing me

1. formatted flat file on mac to Sybase Table?

Hi folks!

Thanks for your recent help re:pb development on Win-NT with deployment
in Unix. We're going to try it out with "ntrigue". I'll tell you how it
goes.

Now for my question today:

One of my developers has a package on the macintosh that creates tab
delimited flat files in the middle of the night.  He wants to use his
mac
to soak up this data into a Sybase table.  He especifically DOES NOT
want
to port the data files over to a unix system to process them.  This
limits
the solution to an appropriate tool on the mac.

He has open client installed on his machine.  This includes 'isql' and
'sybping' only.  These aren't any use for this job.

Is there 'bcp' for the mac?  What about sybperl for the mac?  What are
you
using to do this kind of work?

Thanks, as always.

DBA/Programmer
NASA / Ames Research Center (Sterling Software)
MS 233-3, Bldg 233, Room 195
Moffett Field, CA  94035
415-604-0760

2. SQL Login Authentication from VB

3. Save a file in TXT format/Sauver une fiche en format TXT

4. D4.DB Date 00=1900, 00<>2000

5. Filing Assistanto format to DBF format

6. sing DBList

7. Help: PC-Focus file format

8. Paradox Questions

9. Mac database file formats

10. Convert MAC file into PC file

11. HELP MAC TO PC -- format problems

12. Problems with bcp format file for Fixed Length file

13. Format files (delimited files) for 6.5 - Please help