Main Dictionary per File or per User? [repost]

Main Dictionary per File or per User? [repost]

Post by Joel Shapir » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:43:47

Hi all

[This is my one-time repost of this question]

We've got FP5 files served over FMServer.

We've got some people always needing to spell-check in USEnglish,
and some always needing UKEnglish.

Is there any way to set this as a User preference?  It appears it
is set as a File/document preference.

In other words, is there any way that the UK people don't need to
re-select the UKEnglish main dictionary every time they need to
spell-check?

Thanks much

-Joel

Main Dictionary per File or per User? [repost]

Post by Paul E. Este » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 05:03:27

Hi Joel,

When FileMaker is installed it looks at the OS's system settings. If they
are set to UK it installs the UK dictionary and label sets and sets them as
the default for the user.

Brian

> Hi all

> [This is my one-time repost of this question]

> We've got FP5 files served over FMServer.

> We've got some people always needing to spell-check in USEnglish,
> and some always needing UKEnglish.

> Is there any way to set this as a User preference?  It appears it
> is set as a File/document preference.

> In other words, is there any way that the UK people don't need to
> re-select the UKEnglish main dictionary every time they need to
> spell-check?

> Thanks much

> -Joel

1. Main Dictionary per File or per User?

Hi all

We've got FP5 files served over FMServer.

We've got some people always needing to spell-check in USEnglish,
and some always needing UKEnglish.

Is there any way to set this as a User preference?  It appears it
is set as a File/document preference.

In other words, is there any way that the UK people don't need to
re-select the UKEnglish main dictionary every time they need to
spell-check?

Thanks much

-Joel

2. Reading records using MFC CDaoRecordSet (fast method required!)

3. Final spec on per-database/per-user settings

4. SYSTEM V RELEASE 4 Start/Stop Script for Sybase

5. Per-database and per-user GUC settings

6. Update doesn't fire an error when the record is already deleted

7. Oracle DBA in Germany, Berlin

8. IDS license count per user or per session?

9. change per seat to per processor

10. per seat or per server processor

11. SQL: Per-Client vs. Per-Processor

12. Per-Seat to Per-Processor move