FM3 and multiuser

Post by Mike Lloyd-Jone » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:35:04

Hi
I'm completely new to Filemaker, so apologies if this appears trivial
I'm working for a client that has FM3 installed on a Mac fileserver, sharing
a contacts database across an Ethernet LAN with 3 other Macs

One of the client Macs can open the database from the fileserver fine (and
is given the choice to host the database for multiuser access). However,
once this happens no-one else can access it. The user is told that the host
cannot be found on the network. I have noticed that on the other Macs, you
can't select the Appletalk protocol in the Edit Preferences dialog..?
(<none> is listed)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

FM3 and multiuser

Post by Paul Brunea » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 02:07:52

> Hi
> I'm completely new to Filemaker, so apologies if this appears trivial
> I'm working for a client that has FM3 installed on a Mac fileserver, sharing
> a contacts database across an Ethernet LAN with 3 other Macs

> One of the client Macs can open the database from the fileserver fine (and
> is given the choice to host the database for multiuser access). However,
> once this happens no-one else can access it. The user is told that the host
> cannot be found on the network. I have noticed that on the other Macs, you
> can't select the Appletalk protocol in the Edit Preferences dialog..?
> (<none> is listed)

> Any suggestions ?

> Thanks

Are the other users pressing the "hosts" button that appears in the
"open" dialog? If not, they should be. FYI, the manual has lots of
helpful info regarding multi-user setup.