Need help with emailing from filemaker pro

Need help with emailing from filemaker pro

Post by Crega » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello all who read this,

I need some help with emailing from filemaker pro. I have a detail page
that  the web user goes to after getting there search results. The
detail page shows more info about members listed in the database. I
would like the web user to be able to email the member from filemaker
pro using my company's email address, to keep the members email address
private. I am having problems setting up the mailto CDML code. Any help
with this problem would be great.

Thank you

Need help with emailing from filemaker pro

Post by Roy » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello all who read this,

>I need some help with emailing from filemaker pro. I have a detail page
>that  the web user goes to after getting there search results. The
>detail page shows more info about members listed in the database. I
>would like the web user to be able to email the member from filemaker
>pro using my company's email address, to keep the members email address
>private. I am having problems setting up the mailto CDML code. Any help
>with this problem would be great.

What about using the run script CDML step - do it in FMP, much easier. Have
them enter the text in a page and send it to a new FMP email data recod.
That way you can also keep a copy of all the data.

Roy

Quote:

>Thank you

Need help with emailing from filemaker pro

Post by Crega » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for responding Roy,

I am a new user to Filemaker Pro, so I'm not sure what your are saying. If I
understand it... set up a new database for email and write a new record to
it.???

> >Hello all who read this,

> >I need some help with emailing from filemaker pro. I have a detail page
> >that  the web user goes to after getting there search results. The
> >detail page shows more info about members listed in the database. I
> >would like the web user to be able to email the member from filemaker
> >pro using my company's email address, to keep the members email address
> >private. I am having problems setting up the mailto CDML code. Any help
> >with this problem would be great.

> What about using the run script CDML step - do it in FMP, much easier. Have
> them enter the text in a page and send it to a new FMP email data recod.
> That way you can also keep a copy of all the data.

> Roy

> >Thank you

Need help with emailing from filemaker pro

Post by Roy » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Thanks for responding Roy,

>I am a new user to Filemaker Pro, so I'm not sure what your are saying. If
>understand it... set up a new database for email and write a new record to
>it.???

Yes, use the web page to create a new record in an email database. Add the
CDML "run script" tag to the page. This script will be the sendmail command.
When the record is posted, the script in your database will send the email
for you.. It can easily use a fixed email address as you said you wanted to.
As a bonus - you will then have a database containing all the email data.

Roy

>> >Hello all who read this,

>> >I need some help with emailing from filemaker pro. I have a detail page
>> >that  the web user goes to after getting there search results. The
>> >detail page shows more info about members listed in the database. I
>> >would like the web user to be able to email the member from filemaker
>> >pro using my company's email address, to keep the members email address
>> >private. I am having problems setting up the mailto CDML code. Any help
>> >with this problem would be great.

>> What about using the run script CDML step - do it in FMP, much easier.
Have
>> them enter the text in a page and send it to a new FMP email data recod.
>> That way you can also keep a copy of all the data.

>> Roy

>> >Thank you

1. Need Help converting FileMaker Pro to Access!

I am trying to convert a Filemaker Pro database to Access.  I can't do it
directly from access, so I export the records in FileMaker Pro to DBase III
(.dbf), and then import th dbf to access.

The problem is the export in filemaker pro is converting the address fields
to numerics.
I'm loosing 20,000 cells of data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen

2. tool for developing C/S applications

3. Need help getting this AppleScript working in FileMaker Pro 6.0

4. WA-SEATTLE-88044--Systems Programming-Visual Basic-C-C++-ORACLE-Ingres-Informix-

5. Filemaker Pro Server V3 and Filemaker Pro V5.5

6. Help! pipes vs tcp/ip

7. Filemaker Pro 5 security, help needed

8. FAQ'n'stuff

9. Need help concatenating text in FileMaker Pro

10. Filemaker Pro Unlimited or Filemaker Pro Server?

11. Need help? Filemaker pro 2.1 and hosts

12. Help needed with Filemaker Pro for Mac

13. PC Filemaker Pro v3 file to Mac Filemaker Pro 2.1