Extracting/exporting images from container fields to Files (JPG or other format)

Extracting/exporting images from container fields to Files (JPG or other format)

Post by scut » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:38:40

Windows Platform (NT V4sp6 LAN with Win95/98 clients)
Filemaker Pro Ver 5.0v3 & Filemaker Server 5

I have a number of FMP datfiles that contain images (a total of about 11300
images).  I have bought DialogMagic5 so I can now map the file path and will
be doing so with all new images.

My problem... I want to move my existing images back into individual files
They went into FMP as JPG files and I want them back out as same (or
similar) formated individual files.

Can anyone suggest an available script/plugin/process/solution for me to
use.  I can program crudely in Visual Basic but have had no success with
getting the ODBC to work.

Regards
Scutz

Extracting/exporting images from container fields to Files (JPG or other format)

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:44:18

Dear Scutz,

well that is pretty easy (and free of charge) with some "external" help. It
applies to FMP 4, too.

Let's assume you have a text field with the full path such as
c:\images\image1.jpg
Also, you have the container with the image in it.

Basically you can write a script that does the following (simplified
pseudocode):

copy the image to the clipboard

tell FMP to run Irfanview.exe (see the superb freeware at
www.irfanview.com); it will come up with an empty screen

tell FMP to let an Autoit macro (see the equally superb freeware at
www.hiddensoft.com/autoit) paste the clipboard contents. This will generate
a new image in Irfanview.

in FMP now copy the path to the clipboard

tell FMP to let Autoit enter the dialog for File, Save as... in Irfanview,
then let it paste the path into the filename field, then let Autoit give 1
tab (this will bring you to the file type window) and the literal character
"j" (for JPG) and then let Autoit press Enter to save

tell FMP to close Irfanview

loop

---

I must say I have no experience with NT + Irfanview + Autoit, by why should
that not work? If need be, do the thing on an ordinary Win98 machine.

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier
post (at) no-no-spamtekstotaal.com
Please remove "no-no-spam" when E-mailing me directly - Thanks
------

Quote:> Windows Platform (NT V4sp6 LAN with Win95/98 clients)