FMP5 Record Count of Found Record

Post by Keith Seiber » Mon, 25 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have a database that I hide the navigation pane..  When I do a find, I
would like to display something like:

"Record X of XX"

me figure out the other part.. Is there an easy way?

Thx

Keith

FMP5 Record Count of Found Record

Post by Dave Barret » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:48:52

calc field called foundRecords(calculation, unstored,
"status(CurrentFoundCount)") and then use that.  If their is a code for it,
id be interested in knowing it.
-Dave

> I have a database that I hide the navigation pane..  When I do a find, I
> would like to display something like:

> "Record X of XX"

of
> me figure out the other part.. Is there an easy way?

> Thx

> Keith

1. Find returns mostly blank fields for first found record (FMP5)

One of our FMP5.0v3/Win95 users is encountering a very strange problem.
Performing a find for selected records returns a screen in which most of
the fields on the layout appear "blank."  If you click in the field, the
data for that field appears.  If you click on the "rolodex" to the next
record and back, the data appears in all fields.

This database was originally built in FMP2.x on the Mac, and converted
to FMP4.1 on Windows last year.  Until now, there have never been any
peculiarities.

We have recovered the database, compacted it, copied the layout and
changed all the fonts, colors, etc., yet the problem continues.  Note
that this does not occur on the layouts that display as lists, only on
the one layout that displays as a form.  We also have no explanation for
why most records are not affected.

Any ideas??!!

2. pgsql/doc/src/sgml/ref create_table_as.sgml

3. combining records and determining record count

4. SAP R/3 Database Setup Question

5. Counting Records in Table not Connected to Records in Another (SQL Newbie)

6. recordset and pagesize

7. counting record only when field value is not equal to value of previous record

8. Thumbnails in VB6

9. counting records only when value is different than previous record (MSSQL 2000)

10. Please help: counting found records and pasting the result in a field

11. How to get a count of the records in a call find

12. Finding records(two records have a single field value that is the same)

13. Find certain Number of Records / Print only certain number of records