FMPro Message Board

Post by CK » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:50:24

Can FMPro handle a message board database, including outputting messages by
threads? Anybody know of an example web site where this is being done?

Thanks,
ck

FMPro Message Board

Post by Tim Boot » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:17:41

> Can FMPro handle a message board database, including outputting messages by
> threads?

Yes it can.

Quote:> Anybody know of an example web site where this is being done?

Unfortunately, not off the top of my head - the archive of this
newsgroup (which I cannot remember the URL for ;-) runs from
FileMaker from memory for example...

Cheers

Webko

FMPro Message Board

Post by Andrew McCallu » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:28:48

Quote:> Can FMPro handle a message board database, including outputting messages
by
> threads? Anybody know of an example web site where this is being done?

> Thanks,
> ck

Hi CK,

Check out the message board at www.swconsulting.com it has been around for a
while and I think it is still there and operating but might not get much use
now... I think it was even a package which could be bought at one stage.

Regards
--
Andrew McCallum
McCALLUM CONSULTING P/L

FMPro Message Board

Post by Stephen Thirlwel » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:50:20

On 12/11/01 6:50 pm, in article

> Can FMPro handle a message board database, including outputting messages by
> threads? Anybody know of an example web site where this is being done?

> Thanks,
> ck

There is a solution using Filemaker databases and Lasso by Erik Van-der-Mey

http://webcentrix.net

We have licensed it to run on our servers, drop me a line if you need
further information

Regards

Stephen

Black Night Software      http://www.blacknight.co.uk

 Macintosh Hosting - Filemaker Hosting and Solutions
             At More Affordable Prices.

     Thinking Different? Why Not Host Different

FMPro Message Board

Post by Da » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:25:58

Hi,

there is a german filemaker discussion group under
www.filemaker-magazin.de further click to "Diskussionsforum" at the
bottom of the page. You can see -but not reply to- the topcs without
beeing registered. Everything is run by filemaker and you can contact
the persons in english if you want to have details.

Greetings from France!

Daniel

> On 12/11/01 6:50 pm, in article

> > Can FMPro handle a message board database, including outputting messages by
> > threads? Anybody know of an example web site where this is being done?

> > Thanks,
> > ck

> There is a solution using Filemaker databases and Lasso by Erik Van-der-Mey

> http://webcentrix.net

> We have licensed it to run on our servers, drop me a line if you need
> further information

> Regards

> Stephen

> Black Night Software      http://www.blacknight.co.uk

>  Macintosh Hosting - Filemaker Hosting and Solutions
>              At More Affordable Prices.

>      Thinking Different? Why Not Host Different

1. A Great Tech Message Board

Anyone that would like to join a group to learn more about The Zone
,Computers , Windows 95 ,98 ,2000 , ME and Xp and general Tech infomation.
Please click on the link below ,We try to work together on the Tech Tips
message board,and help others. all you need to do is click on this link :
http://groups.msn.com/InstructorsTechTips
And join Group.

                   Thank you for your time

2. help with adodc

3. Efficient paging in an message board system

4. A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION !!

5. Creating a Message Board

6. Windows NT cluster fail over

7. Message Board

8. VFP-Pro Dev Edition

9. Displaying Page Views for Messages in Discussion Board

10. Displaying page views for messages in Discussion Board

11. SQL message boards

12. SQLXML Message Board - Testers Needed

13. ASP Fully Threaded Message Board