Lowdown on using DreamweaverMX & ASP with FilemakerPro Database

Lowdown on using DreamweaverMX & ASP with FilemakerPro Database

Post by EddieBerg » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:46:57

I'm about to start building a database driven website for a client
using FilemakerPro. I've only ever built websites with Access, using
the DreamweaverMX's ASP capabilities. Can anyone give me the lowdown
on the pros and cons of doing similar with FilemakerPro Database
instead of Access?

Is it even possible?

All feedback and advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Ed

Lowdown on using DreamweaverMX & ASP with FilemakerPro Database

Post by Michael Dea » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:32:42

Hello Ed

I have a long standing project to do this for my company but I have had to
move to higher priority tasks for the moment. The following link which you
may already know of gives the very important info on configuring FMPro for
ASP.
http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/filemakerd...

All The best

Michael Dean
www.cocosol.net

Quote:> I'm about to start building a database driven website for a client
> using FilemakerPro. I've only ever built websites with Access, using
> the DreamweaverMX's ASP capabilities. Can anyone give me the lowdown
> on the pros and cons of doing similar with FilemakerPro Database
> instead of Access?

> Is it even possible?

> All feedback and advice would be much appreciated.

> Many thanks, Ed

1. FilemakerPro 3.0 compatibility Mac&Win 95?

I am staring to write a DB for a friend using FileMaker Pro 3.0. I have
the Mac OS, she has Win 95. Can anyone give me some info on how
compatible these 2 platforms really are. I purchased the Dummies book
for FMP 3.0 for the Mac and it has helped a lot, but it doesn't say much
about cross platform work. I really want to know any limitations that
this project is going to have and will I need to do anything special to
the files if they are created on the Mac and then used on Win 95 (fonts,
graphic file types,scripting,etc...?).

Real world experience, directions to a web site, or a more advanced
after-market manual would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

2. FindKey on Composite Key

3. Concurrent queries when using SQL, ASP & IIS4

4. DROP

5. BitEngines launches news release content managment system using FileMakerPro

6. problem on Oracle 8 and objects

7. ASP Web designer & SQL Database professional sought

8. MAC FP2.6: Report Writer Output for HTML Production

9. ODBC driver for FileMakerPro database files?

10. database & ASP

11. howto open database files on FilemakerPro launch?

12. MULTIPLE FileMakerPro databases -one html page?

13. How can i open a FileMakerPro (PC) database with Microsoft Access