print formatting

Post by PsychGu » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:46:02

Another newbie in trouble....

I have a one-page form letter - with some merge fields and also some
"boxed" fields in between paragraphs and needing user input before
printing. Yikes! The printed output doesn't look like the browse or
preview mode. Namely, those boxed fields are on top of the other text
in the printout but are properly placed when viewed on screen. Any
ideas??

Kelly

print formatting

Post by Paul Brunea » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 11:13:16

I have found this will happen (especially in the PC version) if you mix
"real" fields and text on a layout. Some fonts seem to be worse than others.

One thing you can do is have one layout for data entry, and one layout
for printing, and you would have to nudge the elements on the printing
layout until they lined up on the printed page (which means they don't
line up in layout mode). Let the user enter the data on the first
layout, then let them continue and have the script take them to the
print layout, and do the printing.

PB

> Another newbie in trouble....

> I have a one-page form letter - with some merge fields and also some
> "boxed" fields in between paragraphs and needing user input before
> printing. Yikes! The printed output doesn't look like the browse or
> preview mode. Namely, those boxed fields are on top of the other text
> in the printout but are properly placed when viewed on screen. Any
> ideas??

> Kelly

print formatting

Post by PsychGu » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 11:46:10

On Wed, 03 Oct 2001 22:13:16 -0400, Paul Bruneau

Paul, thanks for your help. It's starting to make more sense now.  I'm
putting my text in separate boxes so I can lock them in place and the
"real" fields I am locking in place and it's starting to behave. I'm
working in FM 3.0 and hopefull when I upgrade things will act more
normal.

Thx again
Kelly

>I have found this will happen (especially in the PC version) if you mix
>"real" fields and text on a layout. Some fonts seem to be worse than others.

>One thing you can do is have one layout for data entry, and one layout
>for printing, and you would have to nudge the elements on the printing
>layout until they lined up on the printed page (which means they don't
>line up in layout mode). Let the user enter the data on the first
>layout, then let them continue and have the script take them to the
>print layout, and do the printing.

>PB

>> Another newbie in trouble....

>> I have a one-page form letter - with some merge fields and also some
>> "boxed" fields in between paragraphs and needing user input before
>> printing. Yikes! The printed output doesn't look like the browse or
>> preview mode. Namely, those boxed fields are on top of the other text
>> in the printout but are properly placed when viewed on screen. Any
>> ideas??

>> Kelly

1. printing/formatting

i have a msflexgrid on a form that i wish to print out, but the grid
displays all black when i use printform.how do i get around this? or is
there another way i can print data in a grid type setting.

also i need to display a computed field-pieces/hours from a database and
format it to 2 or 3 decimal places for display in a msflexgrid. any ideas?

thanks a lot,
VB Avg-bie

2. tbcheck -cI

3. Printer.Print (Format to Right Justified)?!

4. GA-Atlanta-97445--HP-UX-ORACLE-Visual Basic-Client/Server-Administrator-HPUX

5. print formatted memo from menu

6. DTS

7. Label printing formats

8. Pdox4.0 how do you purge old records

9. PDXWin - Printing-formats

10. Problems with paginating a print format.

11. Special Print Formatting

12. Formatting data in pick format for printing

13. Print db diagram on wide format plotter