Add item in line item portal from another portal

Add item in line item portal from another portal

Post by Mat » Wed, 01 May 2002 22:57:05

Hello,

I'm using an Invoice type layout with two portals: one containing
product info storing product number in a field called ProductCode when
selected.
The other (LineItem) is used to add the product that will be sold to
the invoice. Relationship between lineItem: InventoryID and the main
InventoryID of the Invoice file.

Problem.  I have this script that is activated when I click on a
product in the list.  However, I don't know how to go to the next
record in the lineItem portal before pasting the next product.  This
script always replace the first line in the portal.

Copy (Select, "ProductCode")
Need to go to the next record in the LineItem portal
Paste (Select,"LineItem::InventoryID")
Go To Field []

Thanks for any help !!

Matt

Add item in line item portal from another portal

Post by Tom Fitc » Fri, 10 May 2002 05:18:36

Quote:> Problem.  I have this script that is activated when I click on a
> product in the list.  However, I don't know how to go to the next
> record in the lineItem portal before pasting the next product.  This
> script always replace the first line in the portal.

> Copy (Select, "ProductCode")
> Need to go to the next record in the LineItem portal
> Paste (Select,"LineItem::InventoryID")
> Go To Field []

When you have two portals on a layout, the safe way to make sure you go
to the right portal is with a Go to field step. Follow that with a go to
portal row. If you are always adding to a list, you don't need to
specify a row by number, just go to the last row:

Copy (Select, "ProductCode")
Go to field (LineItem::InventoryID)
Go to Portal Row (Last)
Paste (Select,"LineItem::InventoryID")

If you do need to go to a specific row, use a global number field, and
after each paste, set it to Status(CurrentPortalRow) + 1. So then you'd
replace step 3 of the script above with a go to row by field value:
Go to Portal Row (gCounter)

Tom Fitch
Fitch & Fitch
Portland, Oregon

1. Portal for line of data in a portal?

My data-base vocabulary probably isn't very precise, but this is my
problem:

I am starting to make database-application (in Access) for a small
office, but when I think about the fact that I force these people into
Office XP with its future subscription model, I hesitate.

Is it easy or possible in Filemaker 5 to have a page with data for 1
client with 2 portals;
1 for the orders
1 for payments of each order

so when I click a line in the order portal, then the right payments are
displayed in the 2nd portal?

There are relations between:
clients and orders
prders and payments

Gert Kok

2. Converting Forms to the Web

3. Portal Items to one field

4. Confused about performace test, ADO vs DAO, please help

5. select an item within a portal, one-click switch

6. CT-LIBRARY how to get errors back

7. Listing the Items in a Portal in a Horizontal View

8. buffered logging - sybase vs. informix

9. Selecting 1 item of a portal

10. Add additional items to Unselected items in SQL Profiler for SQL Server 7.0

11. FILTER PORTAL RECORDS - DISABLE ADDING NEW RECORDS IN A PORTAL

12. Using Portal on a report to display relate line ites---require it to adjust to the amount of lines items

13. Changing items select statement causes different results for other items