FM 5.5 Server on Win NT 4.0 Problems

Post by Heiko St?lti » Thu, 30 May 2002 00:37:23

Hi everybody,

i just downloaded and installed FM Server on a NT 4.0 machine. Now Im
unable to run  the FM Server console, cause mmc.exe is missing. Why is
it missing? Isnt it a part of NT Server?
Then I put my databases in the FM Server directory and started the
service, but no databases were shared in the LAN.
Did I generally misunderstand how FM Server works or is my
installation corrupt?
Thanks for any hints,
Heiko

FM 5.5 Server on Win NT 4.0 Problems

Post by <ni.. » Thu, 30 May 2002 01:44:34

Hi

MMC isn't installed by NT 4 installer... You must download it from
Microsoft.com.
ver 1.2 or higher

Nisse

Hi everybody,

i just downloaded and installed FM Server on a NT 4.0 machine. Now Im
unable to run  the FM Server console, cause mmc.exe is missing. Why is
it missing? Isnt it a part of NT Server?
Then I put my databases in the FM Server directory and started the
service, but no databases were shared in the LAN.
Did I generally misunderstand how FM Server works or is my
installation corrupt?
Thanks for any hints,
Heiko

1. FM Server 5.5 running on NT 4.0 and NT filesharing issue

I have a user who needs to remotely administer an FM Server 5.5 running on
NT 4.  We know how to set her up to serve and un-serve files using the
FileMaker remote admin tools.

We'd like to give her the ability to move .fm5 files back and forth between
her local machine and the FM Server folder across our network, so she can
un-serve a db, pull it to her local machine for updates, then move it back
to the server and serve it up.  How is the best way to set this up?  I know
that with FM Server 3.0 it was important to not set up NT file sharing on
that or any other folder.  Is that still true with FM Server 5.5?

What would the issues be with setting up FTP on the server so she could FTP
directly into the FM Server folder?

--Thanks

2. How do I know if PMON(process monitor) works correctly?

3. FM 4 (Mac) to FM 5.5 (Win)

4. Cursors inside a transaction

5. FM Server 5.5 (mac & win)

6. Updating shared database

7. Server 5.5 and FM 5.5

8. bookmarks in vb6

9. FileMaker 5.5 and Problem with NT 4.0

10. Still problems installing FM Server 5.5

11. Catch 22 with Installing FM 5.5 Upgrade on Win XP

12. FM Devveloper 5.5 v2 updater - fails to install on WIN ME

13. FM 5.5 or 6 under Novell and Win XP