Will FMP 4 read FMP 1?

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:33:31

Dear Listeners,

I have to build an import option + write a mini-manual into a solution. The
users might use a wide variety of import formats from legacy material. In
the import dialogue FMP offers amongst other formats also "*.FM". Is this
FMP 1? FMP 2? FMP 1 + 2?
I started my FMP life with v3, so I know nothing about previous formats.

TIA
--

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gr?en / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier

Will FMP 4 read FMP 1?

Post by Don Pedr » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:57:27

> Dear Listeners,

> I have to build an import option + write a mini-manual into a solution. The
> users might use a wide variety of import formats from legacy material. In
> the import dialogue FMP offers amongst other formats also "*.FM". Is this
> FMP 1? FMP 2? FMP 1 + 2?
> I started my FMP life with v3, so I know nothing about previous formats.

> TIA

I've been on since from FileMaker II, and every version has happily
updated a file from a previous version, even if it's so remote it won't
give the file an icon.  You can't open by icon though, must open them
from within the application and go through a proceedural dance first
(saving the old one etc).  Can't say I've JUMPED quite so far in one
go, but I have copies of FMp2 and 3, and can post them to a.b.m.a.retro
if you (really) need them.  But I reckon it should work.  Make a backup
and try it, why don't you...

Don Pedro

Will FMP 4 read FMP 1?

Post by Tim Boot » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:17:46

> Dear Listeners,

> I have to build an import option + write a mini-manual into a solution. The
> users might use a wide variety of import formats from legacy material. In
> the import dialogue FMP offers amongst other formats also "*.FM". Is this
> FMP 1? FMP 2? FMP 1 + 2?
> I started my FMP life with v3, so I know nothing about previous formats.

Note: I also have no experience...

A read of the original FAQ indicates that V3.0 converts a 2.1
automatically on launching the 2.1 file. I suspect this means
4.x will do the same.

A 1.0 file may be able to be converted directly from 4, but
may also have to be first converted to 2.1.

Cheers

Webko

1. CDML COMMAND:[fmp-linkfirst] [fmp-linknext] [fmp-linklast] [fmp-linkprevious]

I can't find any information on how to use these commands.

I only want to show the first 25 items on a query using the -max=25 command.
I also want to include a next/previous navigation button to show the next 25
records or the previous 25 records.

The only thing that the cdml reference is showing is

[FMP-LinkFirst]First set of records.[/FMP-LinkFirst]

But am I suppose to generate the first page of record using
[fmp-record][fmp-field: xxxxx][/fmp-record] or do I use the [fmp-linkfirst]
instead of the [fmp-record] (I've tried that and it didn't work).  Where and
how do I introduce the [fmp-linknext] and the [fmp-linkprevious].

Tx for any input.

Yves

Devenir immortel et mourir

2. Linked Servers in DTS...

3. Help FMP Server and FMP Pro

4. Collation Error when calling package from VB

5. Query between FMP Server and FMP Unlimited

6. 'IN' keywork problem

7. fmp server & fmp unlimited

8. linking a excel spreadsheet to an access table through vb

9. FMP 5.5 and FMP 5 for the same file

10. FMP Unlimited WITHOUT FMP Server

11. FMP 5 Server vs FMP 5 file hosting, Part II

12. FMP 5 Server vs FMP 5 file hosting

13. Most effective way to setup FMP U and FMP Server