Filemaker CDML

Post by Jere » Wed, 29 May 2002 22:33:43

Hello All,

I am trying to create our guestbook for our alumni page at school.
I'm using the guestbook that came with FileMaker.  I have the
FileMaker db running. I open the new.htm web page, fill in the
information. When I click submit I get an error.  The error is:

The attempt to load 'accessing
URL:file:///Mac-8745/Desktop%20Folder/filemaker%20stuff/guest_book/FMPro'failed.

I have the guest_book db open and web companion is running.  The db is
in the web folder in the FileMaker Pro in the Hard Drive.

Thank you
Jeremy

Filemaker CDML

Post by Daniel R. Sloa » Thu, 30 May 2002 01:23:16

You should type like     http://localhost     this suppose open web from
your FMP.

Quote:> Hello All,

> I am trying to create our guestbook for our alumni page at school.
> I'm using the guestbook that came with FileMaker.  I have the
> FileMaker db running. I open the new.htm web page, fill in the
> information. When I click submit I get an error.  The error is:

> The attempt to load 'accessing

URL:file:///Mac-8745/Desktop%20Folder/filemaker%20stuff/guest_book/FMPro'fai
led.
Quote:

> I have the guest_book db open and web companion is running.  The db is
> in the web folder in the FileMaker Pro in the Hard Drive.

> Thank you
> Jeremy

Filemaker CDML

Post by <ni.. » Thu, 30 May 2002 01:48:43

Hi

The syntax URL:file://  it's not a real URL....

http://www.xxx.com/..... that's more like an URL:

Nisse

Post by Tim Boot » Thu, 30 May 2002 07:19:44

> Hello All,

> I am trying to create our guestbook for our alumni page at school.
> I'm using the guestbook that came with FileMaker.  I have the
> FileMaker db running. I open the new.htm web page, fill in the
> information. When I click submit I get an error.  The error is:

> The attempt to load 'accessing
> URL:file:///Mac-8745/Desktop%20Folder/filemaker%20stuff/guest_book/FMPro'failed.

> I have the guest_book db open and web companion is running.  The db is
> in the web folder in the FileMaker Pro in the Hard Drive.

You cannot use CDML on a local reference - it only works
over TCP/IP.

The usual trick is to use http://localhost/ or
http://you.ip.address.here/

Also, the hard disk reference you have above is unlikely
to work in any case - FileMaker considers the Web folder
inside the FileMaker folder to be the root (top) level
of the Web Server.

Have a look at http://bull.ucc.usyd.edu.au/fm_doit/
for a setup guide for CDML - aimed at 4.x but mostly
applicable to 5.x as well.

Cheers

Webko

Filemaker CDML

Post by Stephen K. Knigh » Thu, 30 May 2002 22:39:15

Jeremy:

happy to send you fundamentals of web publishing for free.
In Kindness
Stephen K Knight

Quote:> Hello All,

> I am trying to create our guestbook for our alumni page at school.
> I'm using the guestbook that came with FileMaker.  I have the
> FileMaker db running. I open the new.htm web page, fill in the
> information. When I click submit I get an error.  The error is:

> The attempt to load 'accessing

URL:file:///Mac-8745/Desktop%20Folder/filemaker%20stuff/guest_book/FMPro'fai
led.
Quote:

> I have the guest_book db open and web companion is running.  The db is
> in the web folder in the FileMaker Pro in the Hard Drive.

> Thank you
> Jeremy

1. FileMaker CDML and Web Publishing Training

FMWebschool is offering training and support for developers and FileMaker
users that are building custom  FileMaker web solutions.  We have helped
many companies bring their databases to the web.
Many of our clients have a general idea of how FileMaker web publishing
works, and can do most of the coding but may need someone that can spend an
hour or two reviewing their coding or maybe even implementing new code.  We
can help.   FMWebschool will analyze your database and your code, and
perhaps save you valuable time by teaching you different and unique ways to
display your data on the web, or offer suggestions that may facilitate the
processing and displaying of your data.
Here are some of the programs that we are implementing.

**Email Support**  FMWebschool would like to be able to help each person
that emails us with a question, but we do not have the resources to provide
this kind of service. We receive many emails daily asking us for help. Many
times the questions are very involved and take a lot of time to answer
completely. We now offer the ability to purchase time blocks in increments
of 30 minutes to 90 minutes. We can usually have your project returned to
you within 8 hours. Completed with commented code.
http://www.fmwebschool.com/training.htm  This usually involves you emailing
your database and your completed pages to us.

**Telephone support** usually works hand and hand with email support.
Generally a client will submit a work in progress by email, and we will go
through the files together on the phone, helping you with writing your code
for your solution, or discussing the working of your solution. Phone support
is available from the hours of 7a.m -9p.m eastern time. Telephone support
can also be purchased in increments of 30-90 minutes.
http://www.fmwebschool.com/training.htm

**IN house or at your facility**  FMWebschool will help train you at your
facility, or, you can come to Virginia and train with us. We can help you
build your solution from scratch, or you can bring a completed database and
we will teach you how to code it for the web. We teach you  how to use CDML,
HTML, Java and other third party resources to develop robust FileMaker
Websites. Email us or Call us at 804-262-5860 We will help you set up a
training program that fits your needs.

We also offer a large array of tutorials for individuals interested in
working through their solutions.  You can find our tutorials and complete
website development kits at:  Http://www.fmwebschool.com

Please contact us if you have any questions!
In Kindness
Stephen K Knight
http://www.fmwebschool.com

2. Union queries and Updateable

3. Filemaker, CDML and JavaScript

4. DTS PAckage Error

5. URGENT Experienced FileMaker/CDML Developer for Sydney, Australia

6. Get Username or Computername after lock (or deadlock) errors from MS SQL server (7 or 6.5)

7. FileMaker CDML Web Knowledge base

8. registering drivers

9. FileMaker CDML Text formatting

10. Filemaker, CDML & CGI's

11. Filemaker CDML versus XML

12. FileMaker/CDML Help Books

13. Filemaker + CDML problems on the web