Date to set to todays date based on another field

Post by Cathy Evan » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 02:29:44

Windows 98 FM5.5
I have invoices file which has field for Paid which can be yes or no.
Default is no and I want a field to enter the current date at the point that
this becomes Y. Cannot use date modified as invoice may be modified for
other reasons. Cannot use today as this updates everyday. Any ideas??

Date to set to todays date based on another field

Post by Paul Brunea » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:56:43

I think you are doing it backwards.

Have a date field called "Date paid" or similar.

Then, if you must have a field with a yes or no in it, make it be a
calculated field based on whether there is a date in the Date Paid field.

But in my experience there is no need for such a "yes" or "no" field to
indicate payment. The Date Paid field is plenty good enough for every need.

> Windows 98 FM5.5
> I have invoices file which has field for Paid which can be yes or no.
> Default is no and I want a field to enter the current date at the point that
> this becomes Y. Cannot use date modified as invoice may be modified for
> other reasons. Cannot use today as this updates everyday. Any ideas??

1. Help Finding dates less than todays date?

I have a search as follows:

datPrimaryRS.RecordSource = "select * from 1033s where Date like'*" &
Text2.Text & "*'"
datPrimaryRS.Refresh

Text2.Text contains the dat to search for (11/02/85) which works fine,
however I am trying to list all entries on the database on that date and
before that date.

Anyone help

Thanks in advance!

2. SQLSERVER's JOB, Email question

3. SQL Base date vs VB Base date

4. Updatable browsing on views

5. Firing code based on date (date based trigger?)

6. HLP: Problems with Functions

7. SQL: Select some data with date criteria, but only by Date part of date field

8. Query datetime-field by date when field contains date + time

9. Replace part of Date field by another Date Field

10. ((Current Date - Start Date)/(End Date - Start Date))*Contract Amt

11. Setting boolean field from date field values...

12. Getting todays date using TSQL