NT Workstation installation works but program fails

NT Workstation installation works but program fails

Post by J.Barrow-Gree » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

We've installed FM5 Pro on various NT Workstation 4 machines - SP 6a - and
whilst the install works fine, on running the software as a fully qualified
administrative user, the user gets:

'Filemaker could not be launched. ncorrect installation, missing system
component or insufficient memory'

We are completely baffled. Nothing on the FM Techinfo helps - we've tried
setting new local default printers and altering the claris.ini to have
cache=0 as one entry suggested. I'm working on the user's machine now.

Can anyone help or suggest anything?

David Clover
IT Support Manager
Open University
UK

NT Workstation installation works but program fails

Post by MMR » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

I can only say that I've installed FM5 (demo version) on spanish NT 4.0 WS
(SP 6a) and all runs Ok.

> We've installed FM5 Pro on various NT Workstation 4 machines - SP 6a - and
> whilst the install works fine, on running the software as a fully
qualified
> administrative user, the user gets:

> 'Filemaker could not be launched. ncorrect installation, missing system
> component or insufficient memory'

> We are completely baffled. Nothing on the FM Techinfo helps - we've tried
> setting new local default printers and altering the claris.ini to have
> cache=0 as one entry suggested. I'm working on the user's machine now.

> Can anyone help or suggest anything?

> David Clover
> IT Support Manager
> Open University
> UK

1. SQL 6.5 Workstation Installation Problem on NT 4.0 Workstation

Software

NT Workstation 4.0     with no Service Pack applied.
SQL 6.5 Workstation   with no Service Pack applied.

MS loopback installed.
No network card.
Use dynamic IP via ras to ISP.

Problem

After installing SQL on the E: drive,
Enterprise Manager does not see the (local) server and
cannot connect to it.

Solution

I installed SQL on the C: drive instead of the E: drive.
It works just fine. How aggrevating!
Apparently, SQL Workstation  will only install properly
on the C: drive.
I will report bug to MS.

2. Good Basic Pick Programming Book

3. problems with installation of SQL Workstation 6.0 on NT Workstation 4.0

4. Storing queries built in Access on SQL Server?

5. SQL Workstation installation fails

6. MSDTC errors

7. Microsoft SQL server 7.0 installation fails on NT 4.0 sp6a + nt optionpack

8. Cursors and Stored Procedures

9. SQL Server installation on NT Workstation ?

10. SQL Server installation on NT 4.0 Workstation

11. P&D installation problem on NT Workstation: MSADO25.TBL could not registered

12. question on oracle 8.1.6 installation on NT 4.0 workstation

13. Setup Fails - NT 4.0 workstation