Abuse on the COMP.DATABASES.FILEMAKER

Post by Xavier Lescalie » Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:01:32

Dear FileMaker enthusiast,

When I created this newsgroup quite a few years ago, I didn't expect it to be abused to such an extend. Especially, because it is part of the official Usenet.

This is a technical forum, for both end-users and developers of FileMaker, as the Charter reminds us.

Can I ask anyone using this newsgroup -which is a real tool for any serious FileMaker user- simply to not reply to any abusive posting, even though you may find it very offensive, evil, injuring, defamatory, etc.

Please, save time for you peers. We do not want or need to read your reactions to abusers, even if you think they can be informative for other users. If you want to argue with such persons (which is really not advisable), please send a personal mail to him/her, out of the newsgroup.

We are using this newsgroup for FileMaker and nothing else.

If nobody reacts to abusive mails, everybody will be able to really enjoy this newsgroup, and abusers will eventually go somewhere else.

Yours sincerely,

Xavier S. Lescalier.

1. comp.databases.oracle comp.databases.sybase comp.databases.informix

I have just started working and my company is trying to be a Power Mac
organization and I am supposed to choose a database package which is
portable to Mac, PC and UNIX environment.

I was thinking about Powerbuildler or Gupta SQL windows which don't have
Mac versions till I don't know when.

If you can help me on this it will be great...

--

 Indu Navar
 California State University, Chico

2. BLOB

3. alt.comp.databases,comp.databases,comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

4. Need Info: Alternative for Cognos DataMerchant

5. grid.setall("DynamicBackColor") question

6. OT: filemaker newsgroup abuse

7. Client side cursor causes tempdb to fill

8. Merry Christmas comp.databases.filemaker NG!

9. Charter for COMP.DATABASES.FILEMAKER - little reminder :-)

10. - Archive of comp.databases.filemaker

11. Official Charter of the International Usenet Newsgroup COMP.DATABASES.FILEMAKER

12. RULES FOR FORMATTING SUBJECT LINES IN COMP.DATABASES.FILEMAKER