FM 5 pro on Win NT 4 and Win 95B: incorrect installation, missing system components, insufficient memory??

FM 5 pro on Win NT 4 and Win 95B: incorrect installation, missing system components, insufficient memory??

Post by Hef » Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have the same problem on  a win 95B machine. Used a backpack Cd
drive to do the install and the machine is not connected to a printer.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this one??
barry

Quote:>Hello!

>I have tried to install FM 5 Pro on a new PC running Windows NT 4.
>Installation was OK, but when I try to start FM, I receive the
>following error message:

>"FileMaker Pro could not be launched because of incorrect
>installation, missing system components or insufficient memory. Please
>see the FileMaker Pro documentation."

>After several trials I installed FM on two other PC:s, and they worked
>flawlessly. The other PC:s had same OS, but different service packs
>(SP 5) and other software (MS Office 97).

>I have tried to get information from www.filemaker.com and other
>websites, but found nothing relevant. The (paper) manuals were
>nonsense and help files not much better. While browsing the files
>under folder ...winnt\system32 and comparing them to list in the
>manual, I found several files missing (mainly ODBC-related). Also
>missing were msdaerr.dll and msdatl.dll from folder C:\program
>files\common files\system\ole db. Could this be fatal to FM? Why
>didn't the installation copy these files to their proper folders (or
>is the manual wrong/outdated)?

>What is the problem and how could I fix it?

>Technical details:
>OS: Windows NT 4.0 (build 1381, Service pack 6, RC 1.3)
>PC: Pentium III 650 MHz, 132 MB RAM, Matrox G400 AGP 16 MB
>Other software:
>MS Office 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1)
>MS IE 5 (5.00.2919.6307)
>Netscape 4.7
>plus other less-relevant programs (WinZip, ArcServe Backup etc).

>Regards, Olavi Kurttio

>--
>Posted from bambu.metla.fi [128.214.53.7]
>via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

1. FM 5 pro on Win NT 4: incorrect installation, missing system components

[...]

2. Custom Task Example?

3. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

4. Copy of Beta

5. Help: Insufficient Memory - FoxPro Win 2.5

6. Oracle Developers needed in New York

7. Intermittant Connectivity to MS SQL 6.5 on NT4.0 SP4 from Win 95B

8. Query & Report Writer Application Wanted for GUI UNIX

9. win 2000 fm pro 6+ page records

10. FM Pro 5.5 OS X Solution won't open and shuts down program

11. Input/Output operation Failure VFP 3.0b Win 95B

12. FM Pro 3 -- Win 95 -- can't find host

13. Win NT: run scheduled FM task minimized