hit counter

Post by bratt9.. » Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:11:14

I'm using FMP4 for Macintosh and will publish my databases on
web. I need a hit counter for the fields in my databases. Is there
anybody out there who knows how I can do that?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

hit counter

Post by Brian Mick » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 10:52:25

> What a shame! Logging is fundamentally a database problem, wouldn't it
> have been nice if you could log to a DB, with all the various information
> nice and neat in fields, and a record per access?

> You wouldn't know it came from a database company, would you? :-(

> (Yea, I know -- they wanted to be compatible with standard log analysis
> tools. It wouldn't have hurt to have derived the textual format from the
> tuple format...)

5.x syntax

<!-- Log page hits in another database -->
[FMP-InlineAction: -db=log.fp5, -lay=web, time="{CurrentTime}",
date="{CurrentDate}",
page="This page!", browser="{ClientType}", ip="{ClientIP}", -new]
[/FMP-InlineRequest]

Brian

1. Hits-Counter

Is it possible (on an easy way) to
to get Information, how often a table is used?

One Way is to parse in VB the SQL-String, and
store the results in a DB or INI-File, but I think that
it does cost to much time.

We're using VB6, SQL 7.0 and Win 2000.

Thanks,
Maritn

2. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11071

3. Hit counters

4. Null values in object properties, created from database.

5. Applet Page Hit Counter

6. Atention!Carnegie Mellon Students

7. Live web page hit counter

8. updating Server

9. Cache hit ratio '_Total' counter

10. Two different cache-hit-ratio perfmon counters?

11. Cache hit vs. Buffer cache hit

12. Do you know why? : context hit/ cache hit

13. Cache hit % vs. Buffer Cache hit %