Automatic inserting of data in a word document ?

Automatic inserting of data in a word document ?

Post by Alan » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am running FMP3 on a pc and would like to be able to open a word document
placed in a container within a record with fields from the record in the
document.

ie: click on the document and name and address details are filled in
automatically ?

Any help very welcome

1. How to insert data from vb application to word document using dde poke

Hi, everyone

do you know
How to insert data from vb application to word document using dde poke

I can do that from ms access to word document but I need to do that
from a vb application.  Here is the code for access.  If you know
how to apply it in vb,  let me know by sending  me email

Thank you very much !

================================

Sub cmdDDE2Word_Click ()

    'send the current contact information from Access to
    'Word

    Dim iChannel As Integer

    'go out, attach to the System topic and open the
    'file we need
    iChannel = DDEInitiate("WINWORD", "SYSTEM")

    '
    'NOTE:  if you changed the installation directory for the samples,
    '       you'll need to change the file name shown below.
    '
    DDEExecute iChannel, "[FileOpen .Name=""c:\wrox\ddedoc.doc""]"
    DDETerminate iChannel

    'now that the file is open in Word, create a connection to it
    iChannel = DDEInitiate("WINWORD", "c:\wrox\DDEDOC.DOC")

    'send the information from our form to Word.  We put the information
    'into bookmarks ("BM_*"), predefined in Word.
    DDEPoke iChannel, "BM_Name", txtFirstName & " " & txtLastName
    DDEPoke iChannel, "BM_Address", txtAddress & " "
    DDEPoke iChannel, "BM_City", txtCity & " "
    DDEPoke iChannel, "BM_State", txtState & " "
    DDEPoke iChannel, "BM_Zip", txtZip & " "

    'all set, close the connection
    DDETerminate iChannel

End Sub

2. DBCC Checkdb

3. Filemaker record to word document and word document list

4. US-DC-MD-VA Oracle DBA 8i / 9i - Developer

5. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

6. Insert

7. Codd Rules

8. Inserting a Word Document into Text field

9. Inserting Word Document into Image field

10. Can we insert a Word Document ??

11. Error inserting Word Document in image field