Need to integrate with Hosted Website

Post by Fran » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:13:02

I have been requested to develop a database that will track customers
and produce statements for those customers. The company I am doing
this for would like to provide the customer statements on a website
(which will probably be hosted by an ISP)to reduce paperwork.

Since I have not used FM before, I was wondering how easy it would be
to:
1) Create HTML customer statements that could be FTP'ed to the host
2) Create PDFs as an alternative to #1
3) Can the FTP process be automated within FM

4) Also, if I wanted to make the FM database accessible to the outside
(either through dial-up or Internet), is there an easy way to do this?

Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.

Need to integrate with Hosted Website

Post by olivie » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 02:46:18

Quote:> I have been requested to develop a database that will track customers
> and produce statements for those customers. The company I am doing
> this for would like to provide the customer statements on a website
> (which will probably be hosted by an ISP)to reduce paperwork.

> Since I have not used FM before, I was wondering how easy it would be
> to:
> 1) Create HTML customer statements that could be FTP'ed to the host

It could be done by exporting data or with a plugin

Quote:> 2) Create PDFs as an alternative to #1
> 3) Can the FTP process be automated within FM

Yes via apple script or via send message

Quote:

> 4) Also, if I wanted to make the FM database accessible to the outside
> (either through dial-up or Internet), is there an easy way to do this?

Yes by using filemaker sharring habbility but you better use FM server or
Web publication (or personnal publication)

--
Olivier Miossec
--

Need to integrate with Hosted Website

Post by Fran » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:52:02

Quote:> > Since I have not used FM before, I was wondering how easy it would be
> > to:
> > 1) Create HTML customer statements that could be FTP'ed to the host

> It could be done by exporting data or with a plugin

Can the export done in such a way that only one customer's data is
produced per output file? Also, would XML be an option?

Quote:

> > 2) Create PDFs as an alternative to #1
> > 3) Can the FTP process be automated within FM
> Yes via apple script or via send message

My development platform is Windows 98 or 2000n and most likely, the
runtime hardware will be a PC. Can the FTP process be coded as part of
FM? And, is it easily done?

Quote:

> > 4) Also, if I wanted to make the FM database accessible to the outside
> > (either through dial-up or Internet), is there an easy way to do this?

> Yes by using filemaker sharring habbility but you better use FM server or
> Web publication (or personnal publication)

Are any of these included in the Filemaker Developer 6 version?

Actually, I was debating about trying to use Windows Terminal Services
or Linux Terminal Services. I don't know if these will provide a
solution, but if anyone has any input, I would surely welcome it.

Thanks.

1. Listing file names on a FMP hosted website

I am trying to get a list of filenames from a Mac web server directory to
display on a CDML webpage. Is this possible using FMP hosted web pages if so
how?

This would help me as I am trying to create an FMP web page that allows
people add document links to the page.  I can do this manually by typing in
the filename but it would be much easier to select a filename from a list.

This would solve most of my problems with the FMP and the web. Please help.

Many Thanks,

John.

2. Sending multiple emails from FM5 w/ Outlook 2002

3. publishing FMP database to 2different websites hosted on same computer

4. Where is TCP.NODELAY?

5. Starting up a website, need pricing for sql server

6. DATETYPE TYPE Problem

7. Help needed with SQL 2k for website

8. addBatch() issue

9. Help needed with SQK server 2k for website

10. Help Needed - SQL Server 6.5 / Perl for my free website

11. Need good website on TSQL

12. A website, a DataEase DB and the need to tranfer data between the two over dialup

13. I need a website