merging documents with Word

Post by Louise Marte » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 02:24:04

Is there anything I should look at?

We export a found set in a *.mer document. Then we create a document in
Word where the source data is this *.mer. Up to here no problem. Once
the merge is completed, all the French accents are converted: for
example, an "" will be converted to a "," and so on. What we should do
to preserve the accent?

Thank you

Louise

merging documents with Word

Post by DY » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:25:52

When you export, in the Specify Field Order for Export window, make sure
you specify ''Windows (ANSI)'' as a character set, and click ''Dont format
output''. Works for me...

> Is there anything I should look at?

> We export a found set in a *.mer document. Then we create a document in
> Word where the source data is this *.mer. Up to here no problem. Once
> the merge is completed, all the French accents are converted: for
> example, an "" will be converted to a "," and so on. What we should do
> to preserve the accent?

> Thank you

> Louise

1. Filemaker record to word document and word document list

Hello you filemakerlovers
I have a problem
I want to export 1 record to a word letter
If I select a customer record that I want to send a letter all the data of
the client like his name and address must be copied in the letterhead.
Have you done this or is there a programme for...
and my second problem
I wont to see witch letters I send to that customer.
A list off all the letters must be appearing
thanks if you have done this before...

2. Can a column CHECK references another column ?

3. VB -ADO- SQL 7.0 to Mail Merge Document in Word 2000.

4. ORA-12203

5. Calling up Word and merging text to a document

6. Question : What is the difference between the...

7. Merging Word documents from within VB5

8. Oracle to Cold Fusion

9. How to merge data in DBGRID with WORD document

10. Help: How to merge data in DBGRID with WORD document

11. Automating ADO recordset to Word 97 Merge Document

12. Variable data to Word document - merge mail?

13. Questions about merging and Word documents..