Changing Font Color Also Changes Font?

Post by Davou » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:43:36

FMP 5.5v2, Mac OS X

This is a simple DB with three views--Normal (Palatino), Table
(Verdana), Label (Verdana). If I change the color of a font in a field
entry (not globally) in the Normal view and then go to that entry in
the Label view, not only is the color changed, but the font is changed
from Verdana to Palatino.

Is this a bug or a feature? Can I prevent this from happening?
TIA!

Davoud

Changing Font Color Also Changes Font?

Post by Howard Schlossber » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:44:52

As soon as you change one characteristic of field data on a data entry
screen (like changing the color), the text will take on all the
characteristics of the field's format on that layout (inc font, size,
style).  While you won't see a difference of format in the layout where
you made the change (except of course your intentional change), you will
see the differences on any other layouts where the default format is
different.

To resolve this in cases where you know (or think) users might make
formatting changes, you should always be sure your data entry field
format is the same as your report field format.

Though I wouldn't call it a bug, I wouldn't necessarily call it a
feature either.  It is the way it is and if you desire different
behavior (and I would agree with you on it), then you should enter it
into the suggestion box on FileMaker's website.

> FMP 5.5v2, Mac OS X

> This is a simple DB with three views--Normal (Palatino), Table
> (Verdana), Label (Verdana). If I change the color of a font in a field
> entry (not globally) in the Normal view and then go to that entry in
> the Label view, not only is the color changed, but the font is changed
> from Verdana to Palatino.

> Is this a bug or a feature? Can I prevent this from happening?
> TIA!

> Davoud

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 321-5176
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

Changing Font Color Also Changes Font?

Post by Davou » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:40:14

Howard Schlossberg:

Quote:> As soon as you change one characteristic...

*****

Understood. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Davoud