Exporting Container Fields

Post by Jeff Davi » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I downloaded the trial version of Filemaker Pro 5.0 to open a Filemaker 3.0
datafile that contains pictures.  I am able to export the data but the field
that contains the images will not export ("says Container fields don't
export")  How do I export all the images to separate files?  I am not a
Filemaker developer so don't know the environment that well but I am a
programmer (xBase).  The database is quite large (177Mb) so it isn't
practical to send via e-mail but I could mail in on CD to anyone who could
help me?  What would be nice is a program that I could run that will export
all the fields?  Any ideas or suggestions?

This is sort of a personal project and I am not making any money on it so I
don't really want to spend a bunch of money for a one-time process.  I am
developing a xbase (.DBF) application and I want the JPG's out of this
Filemaker Pro database that was given to me.

Jeff

Exporting Container Fields

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Dear Jeff:

I posted a solution on 07 August in this newsgroup that might help you.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier

Quote:> I downloaded the trial version of Filemaker Pro 5.0 to open a Filemaker
3.0
> datafile that contains pictures.  I am able to export the data but the
field
> that contains the images will not export ("says Container fields don't
> export")  How do I export all the images to separate files?  I am not a
> Filemaker developer so don't know the environment that well but I am a
> programmer (xBase).  The database is quite large (177Mb) so it isn't
> practical to send via e-mail but I could mail in on CD to anyone who could
> help me?  What would be nice is a program that I could run that will
export
> all the fields?  Any ideas or suggestions?

> This is sort of a personal project and I am not making any money on it so
> don't really want to spend a bunch of money for a one-time process.  I am
> developing a xbase (.DBF) application and I want the JPG's out of this
> Filemaker Pro database that was given to me.

> Jeff

Exporting Container Fields

Post by Jeff Davi » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

The Autoit / IrView solution worked great!

Here is my script I used to do it.   The "repeat 1751" was for the number of
records and {TAB 3} was needed to tab 3 times to the picture field.

MsgBox, 4, Test Script,  Run?
IfMsgBox, NO, Goto, denied

WinActivate, FileMaker Pro

Repeat, 1751

Send, {TAB 3}
Send, ^c
WinActivate, IrfanView
Send, ^v
WinActivate, FileMaker Pro
Send, {TAB}
Send, ^a
Send, ^c
WinActivate, IrfanView
Send, !f
Send, s
Send, ^v
Send, {ENTER}
Sleep, 3000
WinActivate, FileMaker Pro
LeftClick, 332,195

EndRepeat

denied:
Exit

> Dear Jeff:

> I posted a solution on 07 August in this newsgroup that might help you.

> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
> Christoph Bouthillier
> post (at) no-no-spamtekstotaal.com
> Please remove "no-no-spam" when E-mailing me directly - Thanks
> ------

> > I downloaded the trial version of Filemaker Pro 5.0 to open a Filemaker
> 3.0
> > datafile that contains pictures.  I am able to export the data but the
> field
> > that contains the images will not export ("says Container fields don't
> > export")  How do I export all the images to separate files?  I am not a
> > Filemaker developer so don't know the environment that well but I am a
> > programmer (xBase).  The database is quite large (177Mb) so it isn't
> > practical to send via e-mail but I could mail in on CD to anyone who
could
> > help me?  What would be nice is a program that I could run that will
> export
> > all the fields?  Any ideas or suggestions?

> > This is sort of a personal project and I am not making any money on it
so
> > don't really want to spend a bunch of money for a one-time process.  I
am
> > developing a xbase (.DBF) application and I want the JPG's out of this
> > Filemaker Pro database that was given to me.

> > Jeff

1. export container fields binary as xml

I need a way to export the images from my database as xml.  I know
that xml will support this based on this article:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/work/story/0,2000034884,202...

Is there a plugin that supports this? I see there is a plugin that
will export container fields to a text file, but cannot find a plugin
that will MIME or UUencode  the image and store it in the xml.  Any
one have any ideas?

2. IBM DB2 OLAP Server Openess?

3. Exporting container fields

4. Connecting or querying an informix database during checkpoint by using an esql/c program

5. exporting container fields

6. Buffer access rules, and a probable bug

7. Exporting Container Fields

8. how to Convert a Database Table into an *.cvs format??

9. Export container fields-gif/tiff to html

10. importing exporting container field contents

11. Does anybody know how to export container field contents out of FMP 5 for PC?

12. How to export pictures from container fields

13. container-field export