Help! how to make 2 pages of mail merge in letter layout?

Help! how to make 2 pages of mail merge in letter layout?

Post by xxxDirecto » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:07:41

i am doing a mass mail merge now. however, the letter is too big to
fit into a single which filemaker pro 6 prvovided letter layout is
not enought. i am trying to make it 2 pages. but i don't know how to
add one more page into it. please help asap

Thank You

Post by Helpful Harr » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:21:18

> i am doing a mass mail merge now. however, the letter is too big to
> fit into a single which filemaker pro 6 prvovided letter layout is
> not enought. i am trying to make it 2 pages. but i don't know how to
> add one more page into it. please help asap

> Thank You

Hold the mouse button down on either the Body part label or the
dividing line at the base of the Body part and pull it downwards (don't
go too far off the bottom of the window if you've got a fast scrolling
computer, otherwise you can end up fif* pages down before you know
it!) and you'll get more room in the Body part. You can pull the body
part down as far as you like, but it does mean that the printout will
be num ber records x number of pages long.

There should be a page break line across the layout which you need to
be careful to avoid putting text/fields/etc. on top of otherwise they
can be clipped or appear half on the first page and half on the second.
The can be especially difficult if your merge fields can contain lots
of text that might push other text onto/over the page break.

If the second page isn't going to change for each record (ie. no merge
fields) then a better option would probably be to print one page from
you word processor and photocopy it and use FileMaker just to print the
first page that does change with each record.

Helpful Harry
"Just trying to help whenever I can."      :o)

1. Creating mail merge letters in the VB environment...

Hi all:

I'm stomped.  How duplicate MS Word's mail merge ability from within the VB 6
environment.  I want my application to provide a means for the user to create
mail merge letters.  It should be assumed that the user will not MS Office
installed on their computer.  Thanks in advance.
Terence

2. rowset position.

3. Faxing out Reports (mail merge letters) based on answer table

4. Call for Articles & Reviewers - Enterprise Frameworks

5. HELP : Personalized E-mail letter

6. Counting Unique Values in Filemaker 3.0

7. Page Layout Help

8. Does Excel 2000 require MDAC 2.6 to access OLAP?

9. Help: Retaining Report Page Layout When Calling Report From Form

10. need help saving page layout info for reports

11. FPW 2.6- page layout- HELP!

12. format lost when text field used on letter layout

13. E-mailing Layouts - HELP!