Absurd support from FileMaker website

Post by Chris Altweg » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

So, most of the weekend, the server with all the support documents
wasn't working (www5.filemaker.com).

Now, (Tuesday night) a simple selection to browse the templates and
utilities for either Mac or Windows gets a server error. (This is a
major page in the Support section of their website.)

And if you waste the time to try and use their suggestion box to tell
them about the problem, that page, which accesses www2.filemaker.com,
that will time out and you will have wasted your time there also.

For this kind of treatment, I might as well be using Microsoft
products.  Lot's more resources out in the world for that.

Chris

(I particularly like the statement on their suggestion box page that I
shouldn't expect any response to my suggestions to them.  Damn straight
I don't!)

--

Pinpoint Direct Mktg. Mgmt.      |  206-632-3500 (voice)
4464 Fremont Ave N; Suite 310    |  206-632-4400 (fax)

Absurd support from FileMaker website

Post by Gavin Toole » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Chris,

Take it from me, you need a holiday.
Hawaii, Europe, somewhere really nice.
Maybe even Australia???
You've been working far to hard lately.
You deserve a break.

Gavin.

>Pinpoint Direct Mktg. Mgmt.      |  206-632-3500 (voice)
>4464 Fremont Ave N; Suite 310    |  206-632-4400 (fax)
>Seattle, WA 98103                |  206-522-8099 (home)

Absurd support from FileMaker website

Post by Alex Leig » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

----------
IIm afraid your experience wasn't at all unusual, in fact I'd say its the
norm
(I've had numerous experiences like these of late). This is especially
disappointing since their old
Claris FileMaker site was  excellent (one of the best, in fact.)

 Assuming some of this site utilizes FileMaker its certainly a major
embarrassment to the Program.
In addition to the items you've mentioned, it seems NO ONE is watching the
store.

For example, they continued to post the 4.1v2 AFTER they'd already announced
not to use it. Even more astounding the update continues to be listed on the
same page with the 4.1v3 patch (with instructions that you should
unininstall
v2, reinstall the original then install v3, FM apologizes for the
inconvenience etc etc) YOU BET!!!

> So, most of the weekend, the server with all the support documents
> wasn't working (www5.filemaker.com).

> Now, (Tuesday night) a simple selection to browse the templates and
> utilities for either Mac or Windows gets a server error. (This is a
> major page in the Support section of their website.)

> And if you waste the time to try and use their suggestion box to tell
> them about the problem, that page, which accesses www2.filemaker.com,
> that will time out and you will have wasted your time there also.

> For this kind of treatment, I might as well be using Microsoft
> products.  Lot's more resources out in the world for that.

> Chris

> (I particularly like the statement on their suggestion box page that I
> shouldn't expect any response to my suggestions to them.  Damn straight
> I don't!)

1. Upload Images to your FileMaker Website!

Virginia - March 10, 2003 - Today Stephen K Knight announces the release of
FM ImagePro.  Many of our clients have asked for this feature, and we are
now proud to make it publicly available.  FM ImagePro allows users to upload
images to your FileMaker website from their computer.

Now individuals can browse their own hard drive and upload pictures to your
website.  The image is immediately uploaded to the page, and is registered
with a record id and link in your FileMaker database.

For more information, check out:  http://www.fmwebschool.com/fmimage.htm

**We do the work, you make the money.  FMWebschool would like to help you
with your web project.  Many times we can act as a consultant or a developer
and quickly come up with a solution for you.  Last year we developed over 90
sites.  Let us know if we can be of service to you!** 1-800-353-7950

In Kindness
Stephen K Knight
http://www.fmwebschool.com
1-800-353-7950

2. How to control the order tables are read?

3. Filemaker Pro Solution Website

4. SQLXMLOLEDB provider & .NET

5. linking website to filemaker database - urgent advise needed

6. DRDA Implementation Status - May 2 1995 update

7. FileMaker Pro driven website

8. Using ADO to open a password protected Access DB.

9. Any Filemaker websites ?

10. FileMaker for large website ?

11. What's Filemaker Pro website URL?

12. Have you gone to FIleMaker's website?

13. **** Informix Absurd Pricing Policies ****