Fonts in Solutions

Post by Russ Carlso » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

I wish to use a specific set of fonts in a bound solution.  Is there a
way to include them directly with the solution, or do they have to be
installed in particular files for each platform.  How is this best accomplished?

Fonts in Solutions

Post by Jame » Tue, 02 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi Russ -

Your question made me curious.  My bound solutions ( in FMProWinDev4.x ) never seem
to have font problems no matter how weird a font set I use.  I have also noticed
that the binder sometimes creates a file that seems to contain font definitions.  I
really don't know how it works, maybe someone else does.  You may not have a problem
at all!

Best of Luck -
James

> I wish to use a specific set of fonts in a bound solution.  Is there a
> way to include them directly with the solution, or do they have to be
> installed in particular files for each platform.  How is this best accomplished?

1. fonts, fonts, on the wall, may the fonts come out

I like to create a picture using the Character Map and use that for my
signature. What are the fonts that the newgroup uses? Also, what are the
standard text file fonts? ASCII? *.DAT/*.TXT?

Another subject, yet, fonts...
What would be the best fonts to use on VFP reports? I was told that it
is best to use MS Sans Serif for text/body and MS Serif for Title of
report. What I want to do is set an fonts that I would use "default" for
reports and would work when reducing size to about "8" (for lot of info
in landscape). I have use Arial all the time, and sometimes, when
viewing the screen/form, you can see all the characters, but when
printing it, it lose one (or two) last character(s).

Another subject, yet, fonts...
Since I have to have MANY fields on one screen/form, what would be good
font to use as to make it standard/default. I have used Arial all the
time, but do most printers use them as well computers? Are Arial pretty
spacing (little too wide)?

Chuck

2. US-Washington DC -- DB Engineer for Web development

3. Way to imbed fonts into a solution?

4. replication errors

6. ISQL

7. Large font and small font problem

8. Missing FAQ.

9. Font Size: Pdox 5.0 reports micro/super size fonts

10. Changing Font Color Also Changes Font?

11. Small fonts vs. large fonts

12. Add DOS PC8 font to Win95 Fonts

13. Change printed font, and font size