How to test an empty date? FM5

Post by Just Duurkoo » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Help!

(DateToText(date1) = "")

does not work

IsEmpty (date1)

does not work

Thanks
Just Duurkoop

How to test an empty date? FM5

Post by Ronal » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I mostly use this in my scripts:
go to search mode [do not restore earlier search]
paste text [ datefield, "="]
perform search [do not restore earlier search]

Works OK in my db. Try it :-)

Succes,
Ronald

1. Test for empty or null date fields

I am trying to transfer data from one table to another
and some of the date fields are empty.  I want to test
for the empty dates but my if statement is never true
if I test for null or an empty string.  Anyone got an
idea on this?

Thanks
Tony

I have tried the following
--------------------------------

// never reports to be true
if DBSRecordset!HireDate = Null then

// never reports to be true
if DBSRecordset!HireDate = 0 then

// never reports to be true
if DBSRecordset!HireDate = "" then

// illegal use of null
Dim date1 as Date
date1 = DBSRecordset!HireDate

// illegal use of null
Dim date1 as String
date1 = DBSRecordset!HireDate

2. Fractional cents in Currency fields? Why?

3. TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST

4. Pop-up List vs. Pop-up Menu

5. vb6 date variables comparing with access date fields returns always empty recordset

6. Sybase service connections in TIME_WAIT

7. How do I store an empty date on a date field (MS Access)

8. Need advice on dumping a lot of data into SQL Server

9. FM5 / VB5: Problem with writing to a FM5-Table via ODBC

10. Import from FM5-file to FM5-file

11. FM5: Calculated date ranges

12. Regression tests failing on abstime due to test date being

13. testing fo empty Recordset