Getting Dimensions of a Graphic in a Container Field

Getting Dimensions of a Graphic in a Container Field

Post by Robert B. Park » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'd like to be able to have a DB of mine show the height and width of the
various graphics that are in a particular container field.

I've figured out how to get the dimentions of the field itself, but not
the contents.

Anyone got any ideas here???

Remove "NOSPAM-" from email address for my correct address

Getting Dimensions of a Graphic in a Container Field

Post by BF » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Get Tanaka's OSAX, which has a PictInfo command, which returns the width,
height, and file size of a picture. Also, Clip2GIF can give you the same
information.

The Tanaka OSAX syntax is:

PictInfo: Width, Height and Size of PICT object
        PictInfo  picture  -- PICT Object
        Result:   list  -- List of Info

1. Filemaker v3.0 won't import graphics to container field

Hello:
Does anyone happen to know if Filemaker v3 has a problem importing
graphics, either the file itself of a reference to the file, into a
container field?

Sometime Filemaker says "Not enough memory". Files range in size from 1.0
to 6.8 mB. I've increased the partition size to 20 mB without success. At
other times nothing happens that I can see. The command seems to be
ignored.

These are all TIFF files. I have managed to drag an image from the
ScrapBook into a container field. owever, that was a very small file. An
EPS file came in but quality was poor.

Virtual Memory is on by the way.

Thanks: Douglas Wagner

2. Linked server

3. Getting path info from container fields

4. Trigger returns wrong values (MS-SQL 6.5)

5. Help:Saving Graphic Image Into A BLOB Graphic Field In Paradox Table

6. Thansfer data from Domino

7. Graphic types in Graphic Object field

8. SYBASE QUOTED_IDENTIFIER

9. Container graphics cross platform

10. Containers for dimensions?

11. Merge Field: Is a Container Merge Field Possible?

12. Getting the filename of a container picture...

13. Graphic file dimensions