A Scripting Q

Post by jac6 » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to code a script that grabs fields and values from one
db & creates a new db?

A Scripting Q

Post by kkereke » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is it possible to code a script that grabs fields and values from one
> db & creates a new db?

Yes.

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network

Quote:> *

--------------------
Kirk Kerekes
Red Gate Ranch

A Scripting Q

Post by jac6 » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've been over the FileMaker Pro 5.0 bible & have yet to see a
command for create new table. If so can you offer any
resources/direction?

Thank You.

A Scripting Q

Post by jac6 » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

My mistake in NOT fully explaining my question. I apologize.
I am looking to automate the new DB creation.
Thinking I can run the script from a DB that contains related fields &
prior to defining fields to export I would first define New file name,
dir to save in, & fields. need to know if this can be done 'on the fly'
with no user intervention.
Thanks again for your time.

1. applying snapshot manually 2 Qs

2. Once the snapshot is generated in the folder. I can see that. Now I copy
the files at subscriber . Now how to apply it there ?
1. while creating publications how do I configure it to  apply snapshot
manually. i.e I generate but snapshot and do not let it get applied.
Regards,
AK

2. Good method for Looping in SP ?

3. 2 Qs: Column statistics & selectivity

4. XP_DISKLIST in XP.DLL issue

5. SQL 7.0 OLE DB Qs. Help!

6. SQL Server Autoincrement

7. Enabling TCP/IP server protocol BUG in SQL2K and SQL Server 6.5 native driver Qs

8. openrowset

9. VB4EE/NT4/SS6.5 Security Qs

10. Multi Server Administration Qs

11. newbie qs; examining databases and tables

12. newbie qs; fixing and checking databases