Counting the Number of Check Values in Checkboxes

Counting the Number of Check Values in Checkboxes

Post by Coyo » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

I would like to know how to count the Number of Check Values in
Checkboxes?

Thanks

Coyot

Post by Stu Bulm » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

<<I would like to know how to count the Number of Check Values in
Checkboxes?

Thanks

Coyot>>

You might try:

Case(
IsEmpty(TextField),0,
PatternCount(TextField, "backwards-P-carriage-return-symbol") + 1
)

Regards,

Stu Bulman
Stuart E. Bulman & Associates

Post by Simon Slav » Sun, 30 May 1999 04:00:00

> I would like to know how to count the Number of Check Values in
> Checkboxes?

Display a field you think of as a check-box field in text format.
You'll see that check-boxes just put that 'word' in the field.
If each of your possible 'checks' are single words you can just
count the number of words in the field.

Simon.
--
<http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk> | ... you start off with a typical message,
           No junk email please. | let's say a 2.5MB Word document containing