Limiting Search results

Post by Eric » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:20:20

I have one file containing Names and a second containing Events (with a
date) associated with those Names. Doing a search for Names with all
their associated Events is easy but how would I limit the results to
just the most recent Event for each Name.

Eric

Limiting Search results

Post by Glenn Schwand » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:36:02

Create a self relationship based upon the name field on both sides.  Create
a new field:

LatestEvent (calculation, text) = If (SelfRelationship::DateField = Max
(SelfRelationship::DateField), NameField, "")

Perform the search in this field.

Quote:> I have one file containing Names and a second containing Events (with a
> date) associated with those Names. Doing a search for Names with all
> their associated Events is easy but how would I limit the results to
> just the most recent Event for each Name.

> Eric

1. limit search result display on web page??

Hi people,

we are currently building an ASP/VBScript web page that searches records in
an Access DB using ODBC.

Problem: the number of hits can be several 100 or more, so we need to use
some "25-at-a-time" mechanism.

Constraints:
1. Using session variables to hold the data would flood our server's memory
(just pointers to files or records could be ok.)
2. the solution should be simpler than implementing a full web crawler

So far we intend to count all hits, then have the browser display a
confirmation dialog with the total number of hits. If accepted, we would
send the data over, displaying another confirmation dialog in the client
browser every 25 records.

Better ideas, pointers, code samples, etc would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

*************************
please reply by email
*************************

Regards,
Marc Esser

2. Intersolv ODBC.ini entry for

3. Urgent: How to limit search results

4. Hang-up signals in Informix 4gl

5. SQL: limit number of search results

6. Disadvantages of Bitmap Indexes?

7. Limiting result words from a fulltext search

8. which one?

9. Active Directory Searches: Problem detecting time limit reached on ADO search

10. Looking for seach tool to search HTML files and limit search based on fields

11. Searching within Search Results

12. Searching previous search results

13. How to remember search results and search within them