Set value of repeating fields

Post by Matt Davi » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:50:32

Is there a way to set the value of repeating fields with a script?

I want to be able to set the value of all the repetitions of one field using
a script.

Set value of repeating fields

Post by Jame » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:12:09

Hi Matt -

You can make a script using Set Field to set values in all the repetitions of a
repeating field, because the repetition number is available in the target field
control dialogue box for the step.  However, I think you would have to use a
step for each repetition.  It's a limitation of the repeating fields feature
that doing anything with all repetitions at once is not often supported.

Hope this suggestion is helpful.

Best of Luck -
James

--
Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!

1. Setting Repeating Fields from found record set in another database

Hi,

Let's say I have two tables(databases), SupportJobCard and
AccountSoftware.  The AccountSoftware table is defined as:

        AccountNumber           Text
        SoftwareTitle           Text

The SupportJobCard table is defined as:

        AccountNumber           Text
        JobCardID               Number
        SoftwareTitles          Text (repeating 10)
        Details                 Text

The relationship is based on the AccountNumber field.

I want to be able to show in the SoftwareTitles field of the
SupportJobCard table the SoftwareTitle field from all matching records
from the AccountSoftware table.

Is this possible and how would I do it?  I would normally just have a
portal showing the related records, but we want to only show the software
titles at the time the job card was created.  So, if a software title is
added to the account after the job card was created, it will not show on
the support job card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Newbie qn on Access db import

3. I need to get all values of Repeating field from calculation fields

4. S1T00 Timeout expired

5. set field/repeating field bug

6. Error in ESQL/Cobol.

7. Set field with repeating fields problem

8. NEED SCRIPT: list all constraints

9. (FMPRO) How do I Change a value in all of one repeating field at once

10. Difference between Repeating field and value Lists??

11. repeating fields and value lists

12. repeating fields and value list

13. Converting a Checkbox value list to Repeated fields