Relationships using relationships?

Post by David Harr » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

        Id like to build upon information generated in a relationship with
another file, rather than extracting data directly from the related
file.  Ive been unable to figure this out, short of exporting the
joined information into a new file.

        The problem is like this:  I relate files B to A and C to B, so far, so
good.  Now Id like to relate C to A, utilizing the existing
relationships of C to B and B to A (i.e. the connection of C to A is
indirect).  Intuitively, this seems like a logical "sequential
relationship."  Can someone suggest a way to do this using FMPv4?

        The only other solution Ive come up with is to export records to a new
file (call it D) containing the related information from files A and B,
and then relate C to D.  My apologies if Ive missed this in the
documentation I have available.  Thanks in advance.
DaveH

1. Doubt with relationship to the relationship?

I am creating a base of data and I came across the following situation:

tables and primary keys

opinion: numeroParecer, codigoFuncionario
notification: numeroNotificacao, numeroParecer
autoInfracao: numeroAutoInfrancao, numeroNotificacao

In other words, they possess a relacinamento 1 x n, here everything well,
however, my reality is other.

The business rules are the following ones:

The user can begin to work in the following way depending on the file that
receives.

rule 01: employee, to seem, notification
rule 02: employee, to seem, notification, autoInfracao
rule 03: employee, notification
rule 04: employee, autoInfracao

Being like this, he can begin the work in the four ways above mentioned,
then, I cannot create a relationship 1 x n.

The one that I did and would like to know if it is correct and the
following:

1st Left the tables to Seem, Notification and AutoInfracao only with your
respective primary keys (they don't possess foreign key)

2nd created a relationship n x m among Seeming and notification inserting
the following keys would excel:
NumeroParecer, numeroNotificacao and codigoFuncionario

3rd created a relationship n x m between notification and employee inserting
the following keys would excel:
NumeroNotificacao and codigoFuncionario

That is correct, because this way the user can begin to work in the way that
more it suits with the reality.

2. W32mkde - what is it?

3. Indeterminate relationships in Relationships Window

4. Urgent help -Recovering a deleted table

5. Where-used / Used on relationships

6. ASP virus generator

7. Relationships while using Access as an interface with SQL Server

8. Foreign Key Contraint Issue

9. T-SQL - Problem using SUM() across one-to-many relationships

10. using sql:relationship

11. Clustering trust relationships and using MSCA

12. create relationship using Diagram remotely