FMPro for document management via TWAIN image acquisition

FMPro for document management via TWAIN image acquisition

Post by jgfaughna » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm interested in using FileMaker Pro as a personal (home, SOHO) image
management system. I'd scan images and insert them into containers. The
result with FM Pro 5 should be accessible via the home intranet to any
web browser. I can then create my own metadata, search forms, etc.

Quick searches found no FMPro newsgroup postings on TWAIN scanner image
acquisition and insertion in recent archives, and very little on the
web. One small vendor has an image acquisition plug-in (Windows version
beta, Mac version 1.x) that handles TWAIN sources:

Troi Grabber <http://www.troi.com/software/grabberplugin.html>

Anyone with experience? Any interest in this project? As I learn more
I'll add it to this web page:
<http://www.labmed.umn.edu/~john/docmgtweb.html>. (As of Oct. 15, 1999
there's very little there yet.)

--
[meta: scanning, TWAIN, image, document management, web, intranet, LAN,
SOHO, FileMaker Pro, Windows, Macintosh, browser, thin client,

--
John Faughnan <http://www.labmed.umn.edu/~john/>
jfaughnan AT mindspring DAWT com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Document Management or Image Management

I am wondering if Oracle supports any kind of document management
capability.  What I would like to be able to do is store about 50,000
documents in a database in an agreed upon format say PDF or Word 97 and be
able to search INSIDE of those documents.  Or what about just scanning them
in as a Image and doing the same thing.

2. building a database from an SQL script

3. Document Management/imaging/workflow

4. FMP as development framework? user interface

5. DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT/IMAGING/WORKFLOW

6. (vbEditInProgress) constant does not work

7. Progress and Imaging, Document management & workflow

8. check if a column is identity via syscolumn?

9. Imaging Document Management Systems

10. Using TWAIN to scan a document in ObjectPAL

11. Help:FoxPro Images->FMPro

12. SQL Server document management

13. Document Management Server - please any ideas?