Summary reports, Help

Post by AerosolK » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Let me try this question again (No previous responses)...
I'm sure this is pretty straightforward but I can't seem to get it right. I've
got physicians who go to different clinics where they see patients (and
generate letters). I want to create a summary report layout that will tell me
the numbers of patients seen within a specified time period for each physician
as well as the number of patients seen for each physician at each clinic
location. There are some other ways I'd like to break down the data but once I
know how to do this, I suspect the rest will be simple. Any advice would be
appreciated. Thanks alot.

Summary reports, Help

Post by Sabine Stoh » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi!
Well, I would try to do a find on the time period, then switch to a summary
layout. That layout should contain 2 sub-summary parts. Create a summary field
that sums the number of patients (patno) and put it on a sub-summary part sorted
by physician. You may want to put the field for physician name on the same layout
part.  Create another sub-summary part sorted by clinic location. Put the summary
field patno on that layout together with the clinic location field. Make a script
that takes the user first to a find request to search for the right time period,
then sorts the found set for physician and clinic location, and finally shows the
summary layout in preview mode with the option to print (pause step, then print
setup and print steps in script). If I didn't forget anything, this should work.
I'm sure you'll figure it out with these tips.

Greetings
Sabine Stoehr
Swedish Museum of Natural History
http://www.nrm.se/ev/staff/stohr.html.en

> Let me try this question again (No previous responses)...
> I'm sure this is pretty straightforward but I can't seem to get it right. I've
> got physicians who go to different clinics where they see patients (and
> generate letters). I want to create a summary report layout that will tell me
> the numbers of patients seen within a specified time period for each physician
> as well as the number of patients seen for each physician at each clinic
> location. There are some other ways I'd like to break down the data but once I
> know how to do this, I suspect the rest will be simple. Any advice would be
> appreciated. Thanks alot.

1. Summary reports, help.

I'm sure this is pretty straightforward but I can't seem to get it right. I'v
got physicians who go to different clinics where they see patients (and
generate letters). I want to create a summary report layout that will tell me
the numbers of patients seen within a specified time period for each physician
as well as the number of patients seen for each physician at each clinic
location. There are some other ways I'd like to break down the data but once I
know how to do this, I suspect the rest will be simple. Any advice would be
appreciated. Thanks alot.

2. CA/Ingres Charles Wang quote

3. Sql Server 2000 query ----> Access 2000 Summary Report help required

4. what's MIqry2pass?

5. report/summary query design help needed

6. Error return from function createfile in file cnvpipe.cpp line=140 rc=231

7. summary column in Reports Please HELP ME

8. Bad performance - HELP!!!

9. Help with Reports Summary Columns

10. Help from Sundial report summary

11. (Pdox Win4.5)Need HELP with summary reporting

12. Help with a summary report