PROPOSAL: RULES FOR FORMATTING SUBJECT LINES IN COMP.DATABASES.FILEMAKER
In order to make it easy for everyone to sort and read messages in
COMP.DATABASES.FILEMAKER, it would be nice to take the following suggestions
Each message should include in the subject line the following header:
- [ANN] for any announcement (new product or service);
- [BUG] Found a real, interesting bug?
- [CALC] Calculation problem;
- [CGI] for CGI and web programming issues;
- [EXT] FileMaker and other (EXTernal) software or tools (Excel, etc.);
- [FAQ] Proposal for the creation of a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions
- [FD] Field definition;
- [FR], [IT], [DE], [NL], [SP], [...] should be used when posting a message
in a language other than English (however, we recommend to use only English
as the communication language in COMP.DATABASES.FILEMAKER);
- [I/E] Import/Export issues;
- [LO] Lay-out;
- [MU] Multi-users issues;
- [NETW] Networking;
- [NEW] New user question/problem;
- [ODBC] ODBC stuff;
- [OFF] Off topic posting (not recommended);
- [PRT] Printing;
- [REL] Relationship;
- [SCRMK] Posting about ScriptMaker;
- [SDK] FileMaker SDK (Software Development Kit);
- [SQL] SQL (same);
- [SUGG] Discussions on suggestions of new features and improvements in
future versions of FileMaker;
- [WANN) for any announcement of a new web site dedicated - of course - to
- [WEB] for Web publishing issues;
- [XPLAT] Cross-platform issues;
This file is under "permanent" construction and therefore all comments and
additions are welcome.
The purpose of this document is not "to make the law", but just to keep the
Newsgroup a little bit organized and easily usable by everyone.
And if after all you think that this is too complicated, restrictive or even
dictatorial, please write a clear subject line! No "Problem with FMP" or
"FMP Question" or "Help" or such. Please, please, please, don't. This is
exasperating for everyone.
Last but not least, if you are new on comp.databases.filemaker, do not
forget to read the Charter.
Please, send all comment, addition and suggestions to this document to
Subject: How to post a message on comp.databases.filemaker V1.7 - March, 11,
1999 (previous version: August 1, 1998)
This document and the Usenet official Chart for this newsgroup is posted on
a regular basis.