email validation

Post by Claude Chamberlan » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking for a calculation field that would allow the validation of
an email address when entered in the database. It should check if there

or at the end ect...

Does anyone have the kind of calculation?

Thanks

1. Email Validation Trigger

Hiya Friends!

I am currently not at a pc with sql server 2000 so this
may seem like a silly question but will the trigger below
work? I am trying to create a validation Trigger that is
attached to the 'Email' field in the table 'tblPatients',
which will raise an error if a user enters an
inappropriate email address.

CREATE TRIGGER uTR_ValEMail ON tblPatients
AFTER INSERT
AS
BEGIN

COMMIT TRANS
ELSE
RAISERROR('Inappropriate Email entered', 16, 1)
ROLLBACK TRANSACTION
END
GO

Should I use a constraint rather than a Trigger for this

Thanks all.

Kagsy

2. BLOB FIELD TYPE

3. Email validation

4. Netware 4 Btrieve 6.15 no answer

5. Email Validation Algorithm

6. SQL 6.5 Confilicting Performance: Memory-Page Faults: High AND Cache-Avg Free Page Scan High

7. Email validation syntax

8. BCP - checking success

9. FMPU Email validation

10. Triggers and email-validation

11. xp_sendmail and email name validation

12. search validation (Email address)

13. Help, js form validation vs sql validation?