Toughie here...

Post by Lynda Adam » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Ok, this one is waaaay beyond my -slowly- improving filemaker skills, maybe
someone who knows what they're doing can answer this one :

I want to make Filemaker 4.1 (on mac) display every date for a month, like a
calendar, but still leave space for comments for everday ( I help run a
domestic cleaning agency, and I am trying to design a database to keep track
of of what days employees are scheduled to work):

originally I tried a week 1-4 formula, but this only works for 28 day months
(doh....back to the drawing board)

the cleaning staff clean the same day every week ( usually ) , so all I need
really is to be able to count the number of wednesdays in a month ( as an
example) and pay them accordingly.

Originally I was going to use a repeating field, numbering 1-31 for everday,
but I can see problems with this when you get to 30 day months - the only
way I can think of off the top of my head is preparing a different layout
for everyday of the month, but that would confuse things even more...

SOMEONE must have an idea of how I can work around this..

Thanks in advance

Chris

Toughie here...

Post by Jen Decke » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Dear Chris,
I know of a way tto build one with fields and scripts. But there maybe an
easier way with some kind of plugin or something. If you run out of options, I
am more than happy to  explain how I'd do it, but my explanation might be kind
of lengthly.
Jen
--
Thousands of years ago Egyptians worshiped cats as gods... Cats have never
forgotten this.
> calendar, but still leave space for comments for everday ( I help run a
> domestic cleaning agency, and I am trying to design a database to keep track
> of of what days employees are scheduled to work):

1. Toughie! Using SET IDENTITY in trigger

Developing in Access, inserting into table 1 with an identity with a
trigger that inserts a record into table 2 also with an identity,

Fixed this by setting up a dummy table 3 with an identity, grabbing

IDENTITY_INSERT ON for table 3 and inserting the original identity

Any user running this gets:
Msg 8104, Level 16, State 1
Current user is not the DBO or object owner for table 'Set_ID', unable
to perform SET operation

I also tried putting the IDENTITY ON statement in a stored procedure
and giving rights to the sp to the user, to no avail.

On-line Help mentions SET IDENTITY use in triggers.  How do I give db
users rights to set this property on my table?

Thx,
Gaby
UnionWare Inc.

2. Indexed property in Access???

3. Toughie: multiple ADO recordsets fail using a SP

4. HELP: Auto Update

5. Another Toughie! Run Script from Value List Selection

6. indexes with low selectivity

7. This is a toughie

8. SQL editor : decimal sign