Switching to Form or list

Post by Bebop & Rockstead » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:24:01

Hey could some tell me why sometimes a small script works for switching to
Form View to List View works and sometimes it doesn't switch

Show All Records
View As List
Goto layout "Maillist"

The script to switch view as a form

Show All Records
View As Form
Goto layout "Details"

Both layouts can be viewed as a list and or form (only table is switch off)
and you can switch manually from the "View Menu" View as...and works the
way it suppose to... just not through the scripts :-(

Thanx...

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Switching to Form or list

Post by Howard Schlossber » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:32:43

When you change the view, you are changing it for the current layout.
So since your scripts are changing the view and then the layout, it
looks as though it didn't work on the layout you are looking at.  It
will work, though, if you are already on the target layout when the
script runs.

With that said, it should be obvious that -- if your Maillist layout is
always viewed in list view and your Detail layout is always viewed in
form view -- there is no need for the "View As..." steps at all in your
script.

> Hey could some tell me why sometimes a small script works for switching to
> Form View to List View works and sometimes it doesn't switch

> Show All Records
> View As List
> Goto layout "Maillist"

> The script to switch view as a form

> Show All Records
> View As Form
> Goto layout "Details"

> Both layouts can be viewed as a list and or form (only table is switch off)
> and you can switch manually from the "View Menu" View as...and works the
> way it suppose to... just not through the scripts :-(

> Thanx...

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

Switching to Form or list

Post by Bebop & Rockstead » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:44:05

Quote:> When you change the view, you are changing it for the current layout.
> So since your scripts are changing the view and then the layout, it
> looks as though it didn't work on the layout you are looking at.  It
> will work, though, if you are already on the target layout when the
> script runs.
> With that said, it should be obvious that -- if your Maillist layout is
> always viewed in list view and your Detail layout is always viewed in
> form view -- there is no need for the "View As..." steps at all in your
> script.

Tried all that and does the same thing... :-(

thanx anyhow... I'll go to bed have another look in the morning and slap
myself on the forehead for missing the obvious... :-)

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Switching to Form or list

Post by Bebop & Rockstead » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:04:19

203.96.92.12:

Quote:

>> When you change the view, you are changing it for the current layout.
>> So since your scripts are changing the view and then the layout, it
>> looks as though it didn't work on the layout you are looking at.  It
>> will work, though, if you are already on the target layout when the
>> script runs.

>> With that said, it should be obvious that -- if your Maillist layout is
>> always viewed in list view and your Detail layout is always viewed in
>> form view -- there is no need for the "View As..." steps at all in your
>> script.

I just made a seperate script to switch... it works now...

Post by Helpful Harr » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:40:38

> Hey could some tell me why sometimes a small script works for switching to
> Form View to List View works and sometimes it doesn't switch

> Show All Records
> View As List
> Goto layout "Maillist"

> The script to switch view as a form

> Show All Records
> View As Form
> Goto layout "Details"

> Both layouts can be viewed as a list and or form (only table is switch off)
> and you can switch manually from the "View Menu" View as...and works the
> way it suppose to... just not through the scripts :-(

> Thanx...

The way you've got those scripts at the moment means that you're
changing the view of which ever layout you're on when you run the
script and then going to the new layout, which will just display that
using whichever view it was left in when you were last there.

As Howard said, you need to turn the order of your script steps around
so that you go to the new layout and THEN change the view.
ie.

    Show All Records
    Go To Layout "Maillist"
    View As List

and

    Show All Records
    Go To Layout "Details"
    View As Form

Helpful Harry
"Just trying to help whenever I can."      :o)

1. Switching Items in a List box

Hi all
I have a Listbox which contains a variable number of items.  When I click a
button I want to move the selected item down one and the one above it up
one, basically I want to switch the position of the selected item in the
list box.  Can anybody tell me the best way to do this!

2. Corrupted Database

3. Switching items in a material list

4. SQL server 7.0 & VFP 6.0

5. Command line switch list, FPW/FPD?

6. Informix beta testers wanted for Database Xcessory

7. MDI form switching question

8. vb5/access 95/97 recordset problems

9. Problems with switching Forms

10. Switching forms, displaying old data

11. Window Menu option to switch forms

12. switching forms & staying in edit mode

13. switching tables in a form?