-Op and -LOP for web search: dos it work?

-Op and -LOP for web search: dos it work?

Post by Fito.X » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

     Hi there,

     Just a quick one: I'm using FMPro 4.0 and found out that operators
and logical operators for DB searchs don't work. It's the same search
with contains, equals or whatever. Am I doing it wrong? I use a select
combobox and get value to set the operator, as in some example, but the
results of all searchs are the same. If you have any idea...

     May it be FMPro 4.0's fault? I've read something about it on FMPro
5 technical reports.

     Thanks in advence, see you!!

--
Fito.XX

(Cambia b por v para responder)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

-Op and -LOP for web search: dos it work?

Post by Richard » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

How about giving us some more info -

send us your sample code to dissect, perhaps it is only a small syntax error.

Cheers/Rick

-Op and -LOP for web search: dos it work?

Post by Fito.X » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> How about giving us some more info -=20

     All right, here it is:

The form begins with:
<FORM ACTION="FMPro" METHOD="post">
  <input type="hidden" name="-db" value="Bado.fp3">
  <input type="hidden" name="-lay" value="Nm. present.1">
  <input type="hidden" name="-Error" value="error.htm">
  <input type="hidden" name="-format" value="resultado.htm">
  <input type="hidden" name="-Max" value="10">

     then a table with text input boxes for 5 searchable fields (code,
date, title, author, and sumary) and this radio buttons:

 <input type="radio" name="-LOP" value="and" checked>Todas.
 <input type="radio" name="-LOP" value="or">Cualquiera.

     to get the logical operator. I also used text operators like this
(form FM's CDML Tool:

<select name="-op">
        <option value="bw" selected> empieza por
        <option value="eq">es igual a
        <option value="cn" >contiene
        <option value="ew">termina por
        <option value="ne">no es igual a
</select>

     First radio buttons nearly work: AND does, but OR shows everything
in d.b. Text operators do always an AND search. I would like set an
operator (better text ops) for anything in any filed (e.g. John in
author field, Bio in title and Fight in sumary) Maybe it's not
possible, maybe not with FMPro 4.0 but with FMpro 5.0?

     Thanks again :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Web companion, searches, and -op's.

I've got what I thought was simple project. I've got a databse to track
media through our company, that uses a web interface to update/change
data. Once a search is performed I'm allowing the user to sort the results
by clicking on the column headers but the results are incorrect.

When I use:

   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-LOP" VALUE="[FMP-CURRENTLOP]">

Claris Homepage converts it this when I save:

   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-LOP" VALUE=AND>

Why is this? Is this invalid? I'm not sure exactly what's going on. A
similair thing happens with this:

   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-op" VALUE="[FMP-FINDOPITEM: Short]">

Claris Homepage converts it this when I save:

   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-op" VALUE=bw>

(both of the above are enclosed in a FMP-CurrentFind loop)

Why does it always default to these values? I've tried copying the HTML
into BBEdit and saving out the way I want it, but then when I do search
and sort the results the opperands start to change each time I sort. If
I've got 3 fields that I'm using for the search criteria with three
different opperands, each time I sort, One by one the opperands ALL turn
to "Begins With".

I hope I was somewhat clear on this. It's hard to describe. I would
appreciate ANY help that someone can. I'm new at using the web companion,
and have found NO documentation on it. The frustration level is rising and
the deadline is approaching =)

Thanks!!
Matthew Sweet

2. timestamp with trigger?

3. -Lop and searching

4. doing ado using vbscript

5. How does Yahoo web search work?

6. new index access methods

7. View with Check op[tion not work

8. Job Op for web developer/Engineer -- StartUp .com

9. MS-SQLServer-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

10. Fulltext Search AND web site search

11. Delphi-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

12. Oracle-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel