exporting a container field

Post by Bob Grie » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a script or plug-in that will let me export a container
field? I am using FM to make ID cards at a local school and I need a way of
exporting the container field (which is the picture of the kid), name and
grade. Using a Mac.

Thanks,
Bob G.
San Diego, CA

exporting a container field

Post by Jame » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi Bob -

There was a recent post about a plug-in that does exactly this, but I couldn't
find it when I went back and looked.  Hopefully the poster will comment, sorry
I couldn't remember the name of the plug-in.  Also, Christoph B., one of our
regular problem solvers, has a cool method using a combination of scripting and
freeware.  Several have reported using it successfully.  I wish I could give
immediate advice, but I'm sure you will get help soon.

Best of Luck -
James

> Does anyone know of a script or plug-in that will let me export a container
> field? I am using FM to make ID cards at a local school and I need a way of
> exporting the container field (which is the picture of the kid), name and
> grade. Using a Mac.

> Thanks,
> Bob G.
> San Diego, CA

exporting a container field

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Dear Bob (and James),

well, problem solver? Ain't I sometimes more of a problem creator ;=)  ?

Anyway, for people with PC/FMP combination I have some stuff collected at my
site www.tekstotaal.com/cbase.html#filemaker
I have no knowledge about Applescript on a Mac (I guess a low/no-cost
solution for your problem would lie there) but certainly there are many
people and there is much documentation around how to work on this. Basically
it is not much more than a copy/paste operation, with filenames in between.
The stuff on my site might point you in a feasable direction.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier

> Hi Bob -

> There was a recent post about a plug-in that does exactly this, but I
couldn't
> find it when I went back and looked.  Hopefully the poster will comment,
sorry
> I couldn't remember the name of the plug-in.  Also, Christoph B., one of
our
> regular problem solvers, has a cool method using a combination of
scripting and
> freeware.  Several have reported using it successfully.  I wish I could
give
> immediate advice, but I'm sure you will get help soon.

> Best of Luck -
> James

> > Does anyone know of a script or plug-in that will let me export a
container
> > field? I am using FM to make ID cards at a local school and I need a way
of
> > exporting the container field (which is the picture of the kid), name
and
> > grade. Using a Mac.

> > Thanks,
> > Bob G.
> > San Diego, CA

1. Exporting a Container Field to an Excel Spreadsheet

Filemaker 5.5 ; Win 98 ; Excel 2000

Is there a way to export a container field (along with other fields) as a
file readable by Excel?

#1  - Is this possible with a plugin?

#2 - can a bitmap file be stored in an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance.

--
Timothy J. Morrison
ECI Software

2. Database design???

3. Exporting a container field

4. CLISP ?

5. export container fields binary as xml

6. Lotus Approach & DB2

7. How to export pictures from container fields

8. CFP - Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems

9. Exporting container fields

10. container-field export

11. Extracting/exporting images from container fields to Files (JPG or other format)

12. exporting container fields

13. Exporting Container Fields