- Archive of comp.databases.filemaker

Post by Paul E. Este » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 04:42:30

Hi all,

I have posted an archive of comp.databases.filemaker at
http://cdf.filemaker.fm

The archive is available for download in FM format or you can search online
via the web interface (ala deja/google).

Eventually the web interface will be threaded but for now is limited to
keyword searches.

Enjoy,

Brian

- Archive of comp.databases.filemaker

Post by Jame » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 06:37:56

Hi Brian -

This sounds really useful, particularly since it can be obtained in FM format.
Thanks much for your effort, now we can recommend this resource to people who
need information about often-discussed issues.

All the Best -
James

--
Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!

- Archive of comp.databases.filemaker

Post by John Weinshe » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:31:46

Dear Brian,

What a wonderful gift! What a beautifully designed file! Thank you.

And, what a lovely website.

I am very confused now about who is doing what. Are FMI or Apple hosting the
site? Is it there to stay?

Also, I have been working (slowly) on contributions to the Relationships
section of the FAQ file, as per Tim Booth's request last month(OK, two
months ago). Should that now go to this new, blue site?

Signed,

Confused in Seattle

--

John Weinshel
Datagrace

(p.s.-- Couple of missing arguments in some scripts:

Recipient Thread/Insert Calculated Result...
Author Thread/Insert Calculated Result...)

Post by Harvey Waxma » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:35:33

> Relationships
> section of the FAQ

Can you please tell me where to find the faq?

--
Harvey Waxman
Harvey Products

Feeling Tipsy?
Keep On The Level

- Archive of comp.databases.filemaker

Post by Paul E. Este » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:22:58

Hi John,

Thanks for the comments. The credit for the nice work on the databases goes
to Dan Crevier and David Cortright, they built the file in a solution which
imported articles from the now discontinued Claris Emailer. The website has
no affiliation with FMI or apple, and was done in my spare time.

Please help Tim on his FAQ. In working on the problem, what I learned is
that to create a static edited FAQ was too much work. My fun is playing with
the databases and servers not technical editing.

Brian

Quote:> Dear Brian,

> What a wonderful gift! What a beautifully designed file! Thank you.

> And, what a lovely website.

> I am very confused now about who is doing what. Are FMI or Apple hosting the
> site? Is it there to stay?

> Also, I have been working (slowly) on contributions to the Relationships
> section of the FAQ file, as per Tim Booth's request last month(OK, two
> months ago). Should that now go to this new, blue site?

> Signed,

> Confused in Seattle

- Archive of comp.databases.filemaker

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:40:29

Dear Paul:

Congratulations! Thank you!
(including for the fitting *.fm domain name!)

If I may add some comment:

I have some navigation troubles there: From some pages there is no home
button; also, I wanted to add a couple of books but was presented a somewhat
cryptic form - is it *my* problem that I cannot grasp it fully?

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier

> Hi John,

> Thanks for the comments. The credit for the nice work on the databases
goes
> to Dan Crevier and David Cortright, they built the file in a solution
which
> imported articles from the now discontinued Claris Emailer. The website
has
> no affiliation with FMI or apple, and was done in my spare time.

> Please help Tim on his FAQ. In working on the problem, what I learned is
> that to create a static edited FAQ was too much work. My fun is playing
with
> the databases and servers not technical editing.

> Brian

> > Dear Brian,

> > What a wonderful gift! What a beautifully designed file! Thank you.

> > And, what a lovely website.

> > I am very confused now about who is doing what. Are FMI or Apple hosting
the
> > site? Is it there to stay?

> > Also, I have been working (slowly) on contributions to the Relationships
> > section of the FAQ file, as per Tim Booth's request last month(OK, two
> > months ago). Should that now go to this new, blue site?

> > Signed,

> > Confused in Seattle

1. comp.databases.oracle comp.databases.sybase comp.databases.informix

I have just started working and my company is trying to be a Power Mac
organization and I am supposed to choose a database package which is
portable to Mac, PC and UNIX environment.

I was thinking about Powerbuildler or Gupta SQL windows which don't have
Mac versions till I don't know when.

If you can help me on this it will be great...

--

 Indu Navar
 California State University, Chico

2. VFP and Linux

3. alt.comp.databases,comp.databases,comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

4. Swing-1.1 JComponent Not Found ..: (

5. unicode UTF-8 data using J2EE CMP, JDBC and SQL Server

6. Search comp.lang.java.databases Archive

7. Sorry, too many clients already

8. Are there the comp.databases.oracle.server ARCHIVED ?

9. ANYONE archive comp.databases.sybase?

10. 'comp.databases.sybase' archiving

11. Archive of comp.databases.sybase?

12. comp.databases.olap archived anywhere?