Try saving the Quattro file *AS* a .DB file, rather than doingQuote:>I'm trying to import a QPro 5.0 spreadsheet into
>Paradox 4.5 (both are DOS versions). Paradox tells me
>the filename must be *.WQ1, but renaming the file then
>causes Paradox to say the file is the wrong format.
>>I'm trying to import a QPro 5.0 spreadsheet into
>>Paradox 4.5 (both are DOS versions).
>Try saving the Quattro file *AS* a .DB file, rather than doing
Oops... in line 1 I said .wk1 (which is a lotus file) and I think your original
message said you need .wq1 ... the same principle applies.
| /\ ~~ Ernie DeVries |
| ~~ / \/\ End User Computing & Information Services |
| Northern Arizona University "The Mountain Campus" |
Quattro Pro came out AFTER PDOXDOS 4.5. I would recommend you save the
Quattro Pro spreadsheet in an EARLIER version file format (Save As...
should give you a few options), such as earlier QP version, even Lotus
file formats and so on.
You may also be interested to know that QPWin5 can access a Paradox table
directly by opening it up as a page in the notebook, and changing it,
through the common ODAPI interface.
1. PDOX4.5 DOS - Importing mainframe datestring
I have to repeatedly import data ouput by a mainframe system, of which one field is a date.
All the data comes formated OK as csv, except the date only comes out in "YYMMDD" form, with no
seperation of the year-month-day (ie. periods or slashes). I've resigned myself to ordering
someone to manually edit the file each time, but there's got to be a better way. Paradox
chokes (at least on me) without some kind of seperation between the Y/M/D elements.
2. Life time of temporary table
4. [GENERAL] Some problem on the data base server !
7. Pdox4.0/DOS, Unexpected condition: File delete (i117)...(CODE 31)
8. Create WP 5.1 merge file from pdox4.5 DOS
9. Pdox4.5 DOS FILE functions and multitasking question
10. HELP:Output report to a file without page break on PDOX4.5 DOS
11. DOS file read/write directly from AP/DOS
12. Importing Paradox for DOS files after installing WSH