Command Line Switches for Paradox 9...?

Post by Kenneth Sol » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Howdy,

I just noticed that the shortcut that I use to launch Paradox uses the
switch "-b" but I don't know what it means.

I checked the help file for "command line switches" but could find
nothing...

Where should I be looking?

Sincere thanks,
Kenneth

Command Line Switches for Paradox 9...?

Post by Liz » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Kenneth,

It's under 'command-line options'

-b "Prevents multiple instances of Corel Paradox from being
loaded. If it is already running, the Corel Paradox window
is brought to the front. If you try to load Corel Paradox
more than once without changing the private directory, an
error message tells you that the Borland Database Engine
(BDE) could not be initialized."

Regards,

Liz
---
Get the lead out before you reply

> Howdy,

> I just noticed that the shortcut that I use to launch Paradox uses the
> switch "-b" but I don't know what it means.

> I checked the help file for "command line switches" but could find
> nothing...

> Where should I be looking?

> Sincere thanks,
> Kenneth

> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

Command Line Switches for Paradox 9...?

Post by Mike Irwin [CTech » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

look in the Paradox Help for command line switches, not in the Opal
help. "-b" means to only allow one instance to run at a time.

--
Mike Irwin                    It's not because things are hard that we
[Volunteer CTech Sysop,       don't dare them; it's because we don't

1. Paradox Version 4.5 Command Line Switches

Hello,

Looking for some information, I am trying to create a NT 4.0 Shortcut to
a Paradox Report (.RSL), and when I double click on the shortcut Paradox
starts up, but immediately tries to print the report instead of opening
the report, and I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a
switch or anything that will stop it from automatically printing the
report.

If anyone can help out that would be greatly appreciated.

--
I love defenseless animals, especially in a good gravy

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Searching a Database ??

3. Paradox Command Line Switches?

4. Web tab order

5. ISQL command-line switch

6. DTS package and MTS components

7. Query Analyzer Command Line Switch -C

8. Progress 4gl Books????

9. using switch /c in ISQL command line

10. Using command line switches

11. command line switch outlook express